Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-19-2022, 08:45 PM
SageOfMilwaukee

Shout out to Wahoo fitness. A 30 second support ticket and 3 days later a free replacement strap arrived.
Old 01-19-2022, 08:56 PM

Not today, but over the weekend. Broke a molar on a piece of bone in a bratwurst. Really don't want to go to the dentist right now.
Old 01-20-2022, 09:24 AM

Not so much broke but last night I was going to do a Zwift ride on the rollers. I had everything set up and ready to go, the event was starting in ten minutes when I took a step and the long cable to the rear wheel that holds the Ant+ dongle got tripped up and yoinked out of the PC. No biggie, just plug it back in. Well nothing worked! Puzzled I kept looking in settings and so on only to realize that when the cable got pulled out the dongle must have whipped along with it and got thrown across the room to God knows where. I spent an hour looking for it and just gave up.

Now I need a new one and no one seems to have one available outside of two weeks
Old 01-20-2022, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redir View Post

Now I need a new one and no one seems to have one available outside of two weeks
4iiii Viiiiva HRM strap doubles as an ANT+ bridge, it's what I use for Zwifting.
Old 01-20-2022, 12:44 PM

The last thing I broke was my Quarq powermeter. I dropped my chain while shifting. It turned out that my FD mount had come loose, and the bike store noticed and tightened it. Anyway, some Quarq versions could get killed from side impacts like this. Quarq warrantied that one, which allowed me to upgrade to carbon arms (they provided) and a DUB BB (which sucked as I'd just changed to a CK PF30 BB, but the DUB PF30 BBs have more widely spaced bearings than traditional inboard PF30s, so that's a plus).

Before that, the front plate of a carbon Record 10s RD. That was 10+ years old when it just broke down the middle. I wasn't happy. But it was old and I can't swear that I never ever laid the bike down in such a way that might precipitate a fracture. And I'd assume that Campy's carbon manufacturing has improved since then (because that's the trend in the industry as a whole).
Old 01-20-2022, 02:32 PM

My will to continue working.
Old 01-20-2022, 02:34 PM

I broke another derailleur hanger yesterday...now I'm using one that was bent previously because there is no stock.
Old 01-20-2022, 05:04 PM

And kudos to winter park bike shop on the other side of the country I’ve never heard of for same day shipping a hanger my way
Old 01-21-2022, 12:20 AM

Protocol.
Old 01-21-2022, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice rocket View Post
4iiii Viiiiva HRM strap doubles as an ANT+ bridge, it's what I use for Zwifting.
Oh interesting... Thanks.
Old 01-21-2022, 11:42 AM

Lock ring on a Miche cassette. Waiting for replacement from Miche.
Old 01-21-2022, 05:30 PM

Well, I didn't exactly break anything today, but I was pretty darn stupid.

I changed some tubes/tires/rim strips on a pair of wheels. Got the last bits yesterday. Put them together this evening. Simple, right? After I was done (for the first time) I noticed that I had managed to put both tires on backwards.

Now, I'm pretty darn sure that it wouldn't make a darn bit of difference to my riding, but I felt kinda stupid, so I unmounted them and put them on the correct way.

The good news is that tomorrow I'll take that 1997(?) Litespeed Appalachian to a nearby shop and have them replace the original headset with a CK headset, which finally arrived after 5 months due to covid/supply chain issues. A first world problem, for sure.

Pics to follow.