Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Builder Spotlights

Old 02-25-2019, 04:37 PM
Administrator

76.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vitas C.jpg (91.7 KB, 388 views)
Old 02-25-2019, 04:38 PM
Administrator

77.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vitas D.jpg (102.1 KB, 394 views)
Old 02-25-2019, 04:39 PM
Administrator

78.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vitas E.jpg (151.2 KB, 395 views)
Old 02-25-2019, 04:40 PM
Administrator

79.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kLvvzEjv.jpg (149.3 KB, 394 views)
Old 02-27-2019, 07:28 AM
Administrator

some wednesday morning eye candy here for sure!

very nice interview and thoughtful questions and answers, thank you for taking the time. If Vidmantas is still listening, and i hope he is:

Can you expand more on this interesting statement?

Quote:
Like building the frame from any material steel, carbon or titanium the huge difference is in raw material that the builder uses. We are proud to be able to source the best quality titanium in the industry, same that BOEING and AIRBUS use. There has been rumors that titanium can be flexy. The reality is it depends what kind of raw tubes you have. The key difference to Chinese suppliers is that our supplier does not use recycled titanium, so that means better alloy characteristics. Having wide range of those stock tubes and capabilities of machining it to any headset, bb standard on the market I guess sets us apart. And of course our crew and the experience we have gained in working with titanium makes us trustworthy too.
i'm interested, based on the picture below about the "grades" of ti available, it sounds like there is a pretty wide range of quality on the market, but i wonder just how many shops put out tubes suitable for bicycle manufacture?

Old 02-27-2019, 07:54 AM
Administrator

By the way, just looked at the website. Killer deal on that SUPPRESIO for new titanium IMO.

RRP= $2,800 bucks. is VAT included in that? either way, that's short money for a pro made Ti race frame!

Quote:
If you know what grade 9 ti is all about, there’s not much more to add… or wait, maybe there is?! This is the only road race frame model that we offer as standard and it’s called Suppresio. Around 20 years of experience in building ti frames leads to offering the best and most innovative possible options: a super light frame with integrated seatmast, conical headtube, integrated shifting and brake cable routing, bi-ovalized toptube, hydroformed conical chainstays, PressFit 30 bottom bracket, made in USA PARAGON dropouts etc. Simply put, if you’re searching for a racing machine and rigidity is top of your list, this is your choice! Handcrafted in Europe.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:45 AM

Really nice it looks like they can build just about anything

Old 03-27-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
some wednesday morning eye candy here for sure!

very nice interview and thoughtful questions and answers, thank you for taking the time. If Vidmantas is still listening, and i hope he is:

Can you expand more on this interesting statement?

i'm interested, based on the picture below about the "grades" of ti available, it sounds like there is a pretty wide range of quality on the market, but i wonder just how many shops put out tubes suitable for bicycle manufacture?

I don't know about the rest of your question, but Grade 9 titanium is just another term for 3Al-2.5V.
Old 01-19-2020, 02:29 PM

Now added to the list of drool worthy frames. Thank you for your story. Boy, you have witnessed first hand what I consider a very important time in Earth’s history.
Old 02-24-2020, 04:16 AM

> 'm interested, based on the picture below about the "grades" of ti available, it sounds like there is a pretty wide range of quality on the market, but i wonder just how many shops put out tubes suitable for bicycle manufacture?

My father barely uses computer, but I will be happy to answer the questions of the forum members on behalf of Wittson Cycles. And I apologize it has taken so long for me to do this in the first place.

There are only two type of grades titanium used in bicycle framebuilding. Grade 9, also know as 3/2.5 and Grade 5, also know as 6/4.

The story however does not end there. The non recycled and recycled Grade 9 titanium would still be labeled exactly the same. But as a cyclist you would surely feel the difference between the two. That is why the labels and marketing of titanium frames fails most of the time to take this into account. End consumers see only the grade of the titanium and tend to believe they are buying the highest quality product.

The only one supplier that still specializes in titanium tubes for bicycle frame building is Italian company DEDACCIAI (www.dedacciai.com)

However from our practice the best titanium that money can buy is supplied by a Swedish company called VSMPO Titan Scandinavia. This is one of the world’s number-one titanium suppliers. It’s the same titanium that BOEING and AIRBUS use.

> By the way, just looked at the website. Killer deal on that SUPPRESIO for new titanium IMO.
> RRP= $2,800 bucks. is VAT included in that? either way, that's short money for a pro made Ti race frame!

I confirm all of our titanium frames listed in the website include 21% VAT. Moreover the price includes free shipping worldwide.
Old 02-25-2020, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindaugas View Post
> 'm interested, based on the picture below about the "grades" of ti available, it sounds like there is a pretty wide range of quality on the market, but i wonder just how many shops put out tubes suitable for bicycle manufacture?

My father barely uses computer, but I will be happy to answer the questions of the forum members on behalf of Wittson Cycles. And I apologize it has taken so long for me to do this in the first place.

There are only two type of grades titanium used in bicycle framebuilding. Grade 9, also know as 3/2.5 and Grade 5, also know as 6/4.

The story however does not end there. The non recycled and recycled Grade 9 titanium would still be labeled exactly the same. But as a cyclist you would surely feel the difference between the two. That is why the labels and marketing of titanium frames fails most of the time to take this into account. End consumers see only the grade of the titanium and tend to believe they are buying the highest quality product.

The only one supplier that still specializes in titanium tubes for bicycle frame building is Italian company DEDACCIAI (www.dedacciai.com)

However from our practice the best titanium that money can buy is supplied by a Swedish company called VSMPO Titan Scandinavia. This is one of the world’s number-one titanium suppliers. It’s the same titanium that BOEING and AIRBUS use.

> By the way, just looked at the website. Killer deal on that SUPPRESIO for new titanium IMO.
> RRP= $2,800 bucks. is VAT included in that? either way, that's short money for a pro made Ti race frame!

I confirm all of our titanium frames listed in the website include 21% VAT. Moreover the price includes free shipping worldwide.
Thank you Mindaugas! That was quite informative and helpful.