Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-14-2020, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOKE View Post
I have the frame with me now. Going to try to drop it off this weekend or Monday....
Thanks for your update!
Good deal.
Old 08-15-2020, 10:05 PM
Hey, watch this!!!!!

Dropped my frame off today. The owner agreed to meet me at the shop even though he’s usually not open on the weekends. He should have the damage completely inspected early next week. He uses a combination of ultrasound and dye penetrant to determine the extent of the damage. His best guess on pricing the repair is starting out to be nearly 1/3 the price of the other shop that gave me an estimate.
So far I’m pleased with my initial interaction with this company....
Cheers......SPOKE
Old 08-16-2020, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Dropped my frame off today. The owner agreed to meet me at the shop even though he’s usually not open on the weekends. He should have the damage completely inspected early next week. He uses a combination of ultrasound and dye penetrant to determine the extent of the damage. His best guess on pricing the repair is starting out to be nearly 1/3 the price of the other shop that gave me an estimate.
Cheers......SPOKE
Yeah, they seem honest and fair. My bike was done on Friday but I was stuck at work and thought I would just have to wait till Monday. He said he could come into the shop for me to pick it up on Saturday or Sunday. Really nice of him as most people would not even think about such a thing.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2732.jpg (152.1 KB, 246 views)
Old 09-15-2020, 05:09 PM

I thought this video might be of interest. Joey's (Framedoctor) name gets mentioned (by me and others) when talking about carbon fiber repair. This repair is on a different kind of frame, the tub of a McLaren 675LT but at least you get to see bikes in the background of the video done by a popular YouTube carguy/channel.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DBmE4rrGNHs
Old 09-15-2020, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Cheers......SPOKE
Hey Spoke, did you get it back?
Old 09-15-2020, 09:00 PM
Hey, watch this!!!!!

Not yet....had to send him the BB cups. Finally got them to him today....I hope😉
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespasianus View Post
Hey Spoke, did you get it back?
Old 09-17-2020, 08:42 AM
PegoNagos

Update?

I dropped a bike on my Cervelo and cracked the top tube. I was thinking about sending it to Ruckus, but now might go elsewhere...
Old 09-17-2020, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritchet74 View Post
Ruckus but will go elsewhere...
FIFY - search the forum, really bad reviews on Ruckus.
Old 10-07-2020, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Not yet....had to send him the BB cups. Finally got them to him today....I hope😉
Any luck with the bike?
Old 10-30-2020, 11:27 AM
Hey, watch this!!!!!

It’s back!

Sorry it’s taken me a while to give an update...
Picked up the frame last Sunday afternoon. Had a delay on my end getting the replacement bb cups then shipped them to Cameron at Coastal Composites.
Cameron had to repair some damage inside the bb shell then repair the crack near where the seat tube and bb merge. Cameron indicated that the bb bores seemed to be a little undersized per spec but he took care of that. He then had to match the gloss Celeste paint. He indicated that was a bit of a challenge but he nailed it! The only things he couldn’t fix were the loss of 2 decals that he couldn’t duplicate or get replacements for. I’ll know just how well the repair was done once I get the bike built up but from what I can see he did a great job. Very easy to do business with and he’s been very willing to meet me at his shop on the weekends for drop off and pickup. Pricing seems to be very fair and he can get your repairs done quickly.
I had this repair initially quoted by a shop in Northern VA at nearly $1200. Cameron repaired the frame for under $500.
He only does carbon repair but he can paint any bike. If you need a repaint on a frame give him a call. My experience indicates he does very good work at fair pricing. (I have a frame or two that I’m going to get him to spray once I get them stripped of parts)
Cheers.....SPOKE
Old 10-30-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Sorry it’s taken me a while to give an update...
Picked up the frame last Sunday afternoon. Had a delay on my end getting the replacement bb cups then shipped them to Cameron at Coastal Composites.
Cameron had to repair some damage inside the bb shell then repair the crack near where the seat tube and bb merge. Cameron indicated that the bb bores seemed to be a little undersized per spec but he took care of that. He then had to match the gloss Celeste paint. He indicated that was a bit of a challenge but he nailed it! The only things he couldn’t fix were the loss of 2 decals that he couldn’t duplicate or get replacements for. I’ll know just how well the repair was done once I get the bike built up but from what I can see he did a great job. Very easy to do business with and he’s been very willing to meet me at his shop on the weekends for drop off and pickup. Pricing seems to be very fair and he can get your repairs done quickly.
I had this repair initially quoted by a shop in Northern VA at nearly $1200. Cameron repaired the frame for under $500.
He only does carbon repair but he can paint any bike. If you need a repaint on a frame give him a call. My experience indicates he does very good work at fair pricing. (I have a frame or two that I’m going to get him to spray once I get them stripped of parts)
Cheers.....SPOKE
Good to hear and post a picture of that beauty when it is all up and done!