Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-14-2020, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robt57 View Post
Make sure you like the CX-5 seats. My sister lost her shirt when the seat was killing her to the point of trading in a 3 month old car. My wife wanted the Mazda fire mist red color so bad we test drove CX5 and 7, we both found the seat very non erg and hard on the butt.

Honda has VG seats, even our two old Del Sols with original seats with 300k+ on the cars that looked terrible somehow were still comfortable.
I've got 36k on a CX-5, most of those miles have been on extended road trips. My wife and I both find the seats comfortable on 1,000 mile days.

Of course, YMMV or YAMV
Old 08-14-2020, 08:13 PM
NJ/NashV/PDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjbraun View Post
I've got 36k on a CX-5, most of those miles have been on extended road trips. My wife and I both find the seats comfortable on 1,000 mile days.

Of course, YMMV or YAMV
Something to test though was more the point than to critique. Especially for long saddle times/trips.

We found the CX7 leather seats vary hard, thinking the pricier package would have better seats than the mid trim CX5, yada.

My Brother in law had a super sporty 3 for quite a while and was nuts about it. And a few friends also had zoot 3s that kept longer than they usually would keep cars.
Old 08-14-2020, 08:44 PM

We have a 2017 EX, 1.5 / manual, 32k?

On highway trips it typically gets about 40-45 mpg. Around town maybe 35-38 mpg. We don't do anything to get better mileage.

I personally am there when the oil gets changed since now we do it (the first one was free from dealer); I work at an automotive service facility with good techs. So far no issues.

I don't think we're in boost too much, to be honest. I've floored it a few times but it's not that many, maybe 8 or 10 times. It sounds ridiculous when I say that but I think it's pretty accurate. The Missus drives it primarily and based on the avg mpg whenever we get in the car I don't think she sees boost too much either.
Old 08-14-2020, 08:51 PM
NJ/NashV/PDX

Fit I presume? Our CVT Fit get combined 40-2.

I wanted the Fit stick, sold my Prelude VT for the Fit, CVT a little less exciting to drive. But the VT was very hopped up and maybe got 25 mpg on good days ;O

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpediemracing View Post
We have a 2017 EX, 1.5 / manual, 32k?

On highway trips it typically gets about 40-45 mpg. Around town maybe 35-38 mpg. We don't do anything to get better mileage.

I personally am there when the oil gets changed since now we do it (the first one was free from dealer); I work at an automotive service facility with good techs. So far no issues.

I don't think we're in boost too much, to be honest. I've floored it a few times but it's not that many, maybe 8 or 10 times. It sounds ridiculous when I say that but I think it's pretty accurate. The Missus drives it primarily and based on the avg mpg whenever we get in the car I don't think she sees boost too much either.
Old 08-15-2020, 07:09 AM

I have read a few sources that stated that the oil dilution issues had been corrected for 2019 and 2020 models. Anyone have CRV's from these years?
Also, is a dealer required to update a car when a service bulletin is published on a car under warranty?
Old 08-15-2020, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robt57 View Post
Fit I presume? Our CVT Fit get combined 40-2.

I wanted the Fit stick, sold my Prelude VT for the Fit, CVT a little less exciting to drive. But the VT was very hopped up and maybe got 25 mpg on good days ;O
Sorry I never specified. It's a Civic.

It's big, bigger than the 2010 Jetta Sportswagen or 2011 Golf it replaced (at least in terms of leg room). I sit in the back normally, sitting with our son, so I am used to being there. Lots of headroom also as I'm on the end of the bell curve in "butt to top of head" height.

We got the EX or whatever because it was the only model in the range with the 1.5, manual, and heated seats. I joked that the heated seats cost a couple thousand dollars.

We'd have preferred the hatch but it wasn't available in that exact trim. As it was we waited 3? months for the car.

It does have wider rims/tires on it so mileage should be better than it is. 245s instead of 215s.