Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-18-2018, 12:07 PM

Mr. Pink long term reviews?

Has anyone been riding the carbon forked version of the Mr. Pink? Hows the ride/stiffness? How big a tire can I get in the back?

Thanks!
Old 01-18-2018, 01:01 PM
slower than you

Don't ask my ex wife.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:02 PM

^^^ That's funny right there!
Old 01-18-2018, 01:25 PM

I've got 1400 miles on one. I've never run bigger than a 30 or so out back, but I think you could probably clear a true 35 with the right brakes. Can't say for sure though.

I have a 61 and I like the way it rides. "Stiffness" is fine, it isn't noticeably flexy or anything. I'm considering selling mine because I'm gravitating toward more off-road riding and I don't feel like I ride it enough (the fit is also a little bit off for me), but I'd also be very happy to keep it and put more miles on it this year. I haven't raced road in a couple years but I wouldn't hesitate to do the occasional crit or road race on this bike.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:29 PM

I'm coming from a supersix evo hi-mod that I'm not riding or racing that much these days. Fitting a 30/32mm tire would be awesome and it would be a lot cheaper than moving towards disc brakes at the moment. Fender clearances would be nice. My last bike was a Serotta cDA and loved the ride. Hoping the Mr. Pink is similar.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blantonator View Post
I'm coming from a supersix evo hi-mod that I'm not riding or racing that much these days. Fitting a 30/32mm tire would be awesome and it would be a lot cheaper than moving towards disc brakes at the moment. Fender clearances would be nice. My last bike was a Serotta cDA and loved the ride. Hoping the Mr. Pink is similar.
I've run 28s with fenders no problem. You might be able to squeeze a 30 under as well.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:50 PM

pm me if you want the details but i had two of these. you can 100% fit a panaracer gravelking sk in there on 23mm rims. or a compass bon jon pass. i have pics on here somewhere... search the production threads.

it was a good bike i sold it due to looking for a better fit. i was right in between sizing. the whiskey fork is crazy light and really livens it up. I had both the whiskey and steel fork versions.

GOod frame. lots of clearance (with the Correct brakes) the tektro brakes have the least clearance and come stock with the frame. get the TRP, VO, or Shimano versions for increased clearance.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:51 PM

I had some 32s on mine, and it fit without a problem (I never had a chance to ride it after I built up a new frameset this winter - my friend took it off my hands last weekend.)
Old 01-18-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luwabra View Post
pm me if you want the details but i had two of these. you can 100% fit a panaracer gravelking sk in there on 23mm rims. or a compass bon jon pass. i have pics on here somewhere... search the production threads.

it was a good bike i sold it due to looking for a better fit. i was right in between sizing. the whiskey fork is crazy light and really livens it up. I had both the whiskey and steel fork versions.

GOod frame. lots of clearance (with the Correct brakes) the tektro brakes have the least clearance and come stock with the frame. get the TRP, VO, or Shimano versions for increased clearance.
Can you point me to bon jon pass working? That would be perfect.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:54 PM

You need different brakes. Also depends on rim width. A 23mm outside width is fine but any wider and you’ll have potential issues... it’s doable but you’ll need Thin pads. Get a set of trp rg957, vo grand cru, or shimano br r650 or 451. I personally have been using older shimano br r600 here’s a link to illustrate-

http://blackmtncycles.com/clearance-pt-ii-road-frames/

The rear has room but the limiting factor is the brake. The carbon fork has less room than the steel mr pink fork as well. It has the clearance but all the stars need to align so to speak.