Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-02-2021, 12:10 PM
Kind of OK

Anyone else experiencing USPS issues with ebay purchases?

I'm swapping out a bunch of components on the Masi and at present, 33% of the items I purchased from ebay are in some unknowable limbo state in the USPS ether. One item hasn't even been trackable for 21 days. I'm trying to give everyone the benefit of the doubt because of T-Day and Black Friday, but...21 days from Cali to AZ?
Old 12-02-2021, 12:23 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_U...crisis#Changes
Old 12-02-2021, 12:29 PM
Kind of OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice rocket View Post
Ya think? I haven't been living under a rock, but really, until this point I have had zero problems...then BOOM.
Old 12-02-2021, 12:35 PM

Yep, and we're fully in the holiday season, so expect what happened last year to happen again. Not sure how you got so lucky.

In the past year, I've probably tried to send 5-6 packages to DC/Baltimore area, and only once have I not had the package get blackholed in the sort facility serving those two cities, sometimes a few days, sometimes weeks. Everything from NY/NJ area takes a week or two as well. Most packages from California are late at least a week as well, especially when sent first class.
Old 12-02-2021, 12:47 PM
Kind of OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice rocket View Post
Yep, and we're fully in the holiday season, so expect what happened last year to happen again. Not sure how you got so lucky.

In the past year, I've probably tried to send 5-6 packages to DC/Baltimore area, and only once have I not had the package get blackholed in the sort facility serving those two cities, sometimes a few days, sometimes weeks. Everything from NY/NJ area takes a week or two as well. Most packages from California are late at least a week as well, especially when sent first class.
[POLITICAL(ish) RANT] Louis DeJoy is a homely little snarky piece of dog feces who is trying to destroy an American institution that is functionally a public utility like roads and bridges [/END POLITICAL(ish) RANT]
Old 12-02-2021, 12:56 PM

I haven’t had any issues, actually it has been faster than it was in the Fall. Just sent a Rapha jacket from NJ to CA and it arrived in two days (Priority Mail).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2021, 01:01 PM

I will use priority with USPS. Otherwise it's UPS. At least Amazon drivers USUALLY put it at my door.
Old 12-02-2021, 01:01 PM

Better than last year, anyway. Mailed out four holiday presents the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, Priority. Three of them got there on Friday, the fourth one went to Hawaii and got there several days later.

Last two items purchased on eBay two weeks ago arrived within a few days.
Old 12-02-2021, 01:10 PM
Older Than You

Not E-Bay but I have a package that has been stranded in the Dallas USPS Logistics center for a week.
Old 12-02-2021, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbike4 View Post
I will use priority with USPS. Otherwise it's UPS. At least Amazon drivers USUALLY put it at my door.
It seems there is not a lot of sense to what takes a long time for shipping, and what gets to its destination quickly. I think a lot of it is just a matter of being lucky, or not. I have had priority shipped items that took longer, by days, than items shipped the cheapest way possible.

Some things I think just get temporarily lost/misplaced in a warehouse somewhere, then are found and shipped. I had a partial 6600 group set, that I really wanted, that had no tracking update, could not get any info on the item, for 3 weeks. After initiating a couple of searches by USPS, I received an email notice from USPS that the item was lost and I could contact the shipper to inform them that a claim could be made. He did that, two mornings later I got an email stating that the item left the distribution center that morning, and would be arriving the following day. That indeed did happen. Neddless to say, the shipper and I were quite pleased by that.

I did have an item, Shimano freehub for campy wheel, that was lost and the seller sent me another one. It never was seen that I know of.
Old 12-02-2021, 01:47 PM
Kind of OK

On a side note: I contacted the seller with the latest package (Pacific Coast Cycles) and they were nothing but accommodating. What a great seller. I'm going to give them the full 30 day window before I file.
Ya gotta reward niceness.
Old 12-02-2021, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis Moon View Post
I'm swapping out a bunch of components on the Masi and at present, 33% of the items I purchased from ebay are in some unknowable limbo state in the USPS ether. One item hasn't even been trackable for 21 days. I'm trying to give everyone the benefit of the doubt because of T-Day and Black Friday, but...21 days from Cali to AZ?
I sold a set of pedals to JPS123 through the forum. I sent them via USPS priority on 11/21. The pedals remain in limbo somewhere between NY and CA.

USPS was completely F’ed up by the prior administration and DeJoy.
Old 12-02-2021, 05:38 PM

Not ebay but sometimes usps is fast like a couple of days halfway across the country and then sometimes it seems like the package just disappeared, and then it shows up a week later.

Usps is a poorly run operation because congress refuses to fix it. Its not really current management’s fault given the incredible bad history and hamstringing by politics. Sometimes I am amazed it works at all. The political responsibility for this is literally generational and cross party.
Old 12-02-2021, 09:54 PM

My local PO has struggled mightily the past few months and has finally come through the worst of it. My neighborhood carrier hurt her ankle and they were short staffed, so they just didn’t deliver our mail for about a month. Seriously for about 4-5 weeks I got mail just one day.

Outside of that though, I’ve had occasional problems. I bought a set of brakes new from eBay last year and they never left the sellers local post office. I contacted, they asked me to wait, which I did and then they sent me a replacement set. That arrived a week later and then another week later, over a month after original purchase, the original set arrived. I contacted the seller and they sent me a return label. All very smooth except for the post office delay.

The 2 day Amazon Prime delivery is pretty much dead. Is that still even a thing?
Old 12-02-2021, 10:47 PM

We now get Amazon Prime options to deliver between 4am and 7am the next day, no charge. And stuff shows up on the doorstep when I go out to get the paper in the morning. Yeah, a paper. Like, stuff printed on wood pulp.

SL, I am convinced you live in The Black Hole Of Stuff To Be Delivered.