Old 12-01-2021, 01:13 PM

Could try emailing the owners to complain. Just for kicks

https://www.chimerainvestment.com/We.../about-us.html
Old 12-01-2021, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterCogset View Post
Could try emailing the owners to complain. Just for kicks

https://www.chimerainvestment.com/We.../about-us.html
Social media might have an impact...broadcast loudly. Three rides and it breaks? Really?

Local news might also find it interesting if they have a consumer advocate segment. Challenge there is you don't want to hang the (local) dealer out to dry, but a third party owned small volume Italian specialty manufacturer....
Hot Tubes
LiteSpeed
SpeshFatboy
Old 12-01-2021, 02:11 PM

I recently sold a warranty replacement frame from 2006. I was a commuter and in the five months it took for the manufacturer to make it right, I bought a Gunnar Crosshairs. I had just been moving it around in the factory box for 15 years. Someone got a sweet deal on this forum.
Old 12-01-2021, 05:26 PM

I hate to be cold but that's what happens when you buy a frame from a foreign entity. Dealing with foreign companies, supply chain issues or not, you're asking for trouble.

It's something to consider when buying a frame.

I'd bet money you'd have a quicker turnaround with the big domestic names, even if they offered you an "equivalent substitute".
Old 12-01-2021, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter P. View Post
I hate to be cold but that's what happens when you buy a frame from a foreign entity. Dealing with foreign companies, supply chain issues or not, you're asking for trouble.

I'd bet money you'd have a quicker turnaround with the big domestic names, even if they offered you an "equivalent substitute".

Unless the “domestic” has its production overseas with the same supply chain issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2021, 08:13 PM

Quote:

"Foreigners can't be trusted" is what you invoke here. I'm calling it. That's BS.

We understand supply chain issues and the current climate, but a claim such as this is contemptuous. The issue is about corporate culture and a manufacturers respect for the consumer. It manifests in their determination to do right for their customers, or not.
Old 12-01-2021, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustychisel View Post
"Foreigners can't be trusted" is what you invoke here. I'm calling it. That's BS.

We understand supply chain issues and the current climate, but a claim such as this is contemptuous. The issue is about corporate culture and a manufacturers respect for the consumer. It manifests in their determination to do right for their customers, or not.
My post was poorly written. What I meant was, dealing with a manufacturer that's so far away in another country, through language barriers, with little control of the relationship between them and any U.S. distributor, is very difficult. U.S distributors aren't in the habit of stocking spares for warranty claims; their inventories are very limited.

I would expect if this situation happened with Trek or Specialized, they would have something in stock that may not be an exact match but comparable that they could offer, for a much quicker turnaround.
Old 12-01-2021, 09:07 PM

If omicron is going to be a nasty bug, we (globally) are in real economic challenge. Guys/gals have a good second or third bike ready to roll. Supply chains used up.

That being said, warranty items should be front of the line before new sales.

good luck, in case this helps:

Colnago America Inc
Bill of Lading Import Records
Address and Contact Info
COLNAGO AMERICA INC.
1528 WEST ADAMS ST SUITE 403 CHICAGO IL 60607 USA
COLNAGO AMERICA INCORPORATED
1528 WEST ADAMS STREET SUITE 403 CHICAGO IL 60607 US
COLNAGO AMERICA INC
560 REMINGTON BOULEVARD BOLINGBROOK IL 60440 US
COLNAGO AMERICA INC
1528 WEST ADAMS STREET CHICAGO, IL 60607 US
COLNAGO AMERICA INC.
C/O MAINFREIGHT, INC. 560 REMINGTON BOULEVARD BOLINGBROOK IL 60440 US
+13122352397 [Telephone Number, COLNAGO AMERICA INCORPORATED]
+17087760070 [Telephone Number, COLNAGO AMERICA INC]
+13122830094 [Facsimile Number, COLNAGO AMERICA INCORPORATED]
+13122352397 [Telephone Number, COLNAGO AMERICA, INC]
Old 12-01-2021, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveandbarb1 View Post
If omicron is going to be a nasty bug, we (globally) are in real economic challenge.
Seems like so far Omricon was not even worth talking about much less the usual over hyped sensationalism that has become today's norm
Old 12-02-2021, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato coupe View Post
No offense, but have you been living under a rock for the past year and a half?
This ^. There's no conspiracity in the industry to slow down claims, cut inventory or generally disappoint a paying consumer. Stuff is just hard to procure these days. Maybe on some level, some manufacturers have made an error in judgement and prioritized retail units without saving enough for claims, but generally speaking that isn't the case. No one in the industry enjoys getting yelled at when a claim can't be filled quickly.
Old 12-02-2021, 05:57 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuda View Post
Is anyone else experiencing prolonged warranty replacement wait times?
(whinny 1st world problems) Pardon my rant

I sent my my Colnago V3Rs in due to a crack in the seat tube (3 rides )

They received it on May 12th. I checked in with the dealer mid-August and they inquired with the MFG who said it would be another 8-10 weeks "or so"

That timeline has since moved into the 'or so' category.
I've told the dealer that I'd be open to other colors or even upgrade to a C64 to speed things along - nada, just crickets...
This just seems crazy that a relatively well established company doesnt have an inventory of stock bikes - do they really cut things so close?
And from a customer service point of view (imo) it just seems like poor form but maybe this is par for the course i really don't know.
Who is the dealer? A suggestion...how does your purchase fit into the specifics here?
https://www.colnago.com/en/assistance-and-warranty/
Quote:
Colnago Ernesto E C Srl guarantees its frames, if purchased from authorized Colnago dealers
Is the biggy..if it's not, the distributor or dealer will have to 'self warranty...
And 3 rides? If not a 'normal' distribution path..gotta wonder if it's not a 'first quality'..as in factory second or reject..

I sold Colnago for a long time. I had one(C-40) where the metal BB shell broke lose..From Colnago, USA. The frame was about 2 months old. 8 MONTHS later we got it back and the dealer wanted to charge the customer $600...for a repair so....YMMV and all that.

Last edited by oldpotatoe; 12-02-2021 at 06:01 AM.
Old 12-02-2021, 06:03 AM

Quote:
My post was poorly written. What I meant was, dealing with a manufacturer that's so far away in another country, through language barriers, with little control of the relationship between them and any U.S. distributor, is very difficult. U.S distributors aren't in the habit of stocking spares for warranty claims; their inventories are very limited.

I would expect if this situation happened with Trek or Specialized, they would have something in stock that may not be an exact match but comparable that they could offer, for a much quicker turnaround.
I would agree with this but would add that the retailer can be a huge advocate and help. Choose your retailer well.
Old 12-02-2021, 06:06 AM

I only ever had one frame go back for warranty, a Kestral 200 many moons ago. I had a new one by the end of the week, the shop swapped everything over, and I paid nothing.

After reading OldPotato's post, maybe OP is facing more than just a supply chain issue. It sounds to me like getting warranty service on a Cognago is hardly easy or quick.
Old 12-02-2021, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSL View Post
This ^. There's no conspiracity in the industry to slow down claims, cut inventory or generally disappoint a paying consumer. Stuff is just hard to procure these days. Maybe on some level, some manufacturers have made an error in judgement and prioritized retail units without saving enough for claims, but generally speaking that isn't the case. No one in the industry enjoys getting yelled at when a claim can't be filled quickly.
There is an article in today's newspaper explaining that due to the supply chain issues, many small retailers are gambling by stockpiling more stock than they would otherwise do, regardless of the coming holidays. Many are risking their business by extending themselves so much, while others may go under because they can't afford the risk. Definitely an individual judgment call. Some may get creative in how they liquidate their eventual excess inventory in order to save their business or just free up cash. Some will benefit and some will lose and that of course includes bicycles.
Old 12-02-2021, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveandbarb1 View Post
If omicron is going to be a nasty bug, we (globally) are in real economic challenge. Guys/gals have a good second or third bike ready to roll. Supply chains used up.
Wait, you're saying that Omicron is an N+1 force multiplier?

Gonna need a bigger garage!
Hot Tubes
LiteSpeed
SpeshFatboy