Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM
Meh

Enduro bearings Maxhit BB mini-review

Had a roached white industries BSA BB, and because a) I am lazy and b) didn’t feel like shelling out for White’s bearing removal tool, I decided to swap it for one of these Maxhit numbers. Got a really good deal on it, which helped.

The idea is clever - instead of a standard sealed cartridge bearing pressed into a cup, the cup itself is the outer race of a sealed bearing. This means the bearing can’t be replaced, but see above about me being lazy. The upside is that the ball bearing size is near doubled compared to an equivalent standard BB, which is especially helpful for bearing life with 30mm and DUB spindles.

BB installed without much issue using a Park BBT-79.3 - various other tools are also compatible and listed in the instructions. The only niggle is that the fit on the included plastic sleeve is a bit snug, but the sleeve is only required if your frame and routing requires it. Enduro includes a full set of bearing seal covers and spacers, unlike White who charges you separately for these items. Preload can be set using either a wave washer or a threaded preload adjuster, whichever your crankset is designed for. 24mm, DUB, and 30mm options are available for BSA, T47, and BB86/92.

So far it spins smoothly without issue. The bearings in my White BB lasted about 2000 miles and 1 wet season. We’ll see how long these go.

Oh, and you can have any color you want as long as it’s silver.

Last edited by EB; Yesterday at 06:33 PM.