Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2024, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinzerniner View Post
If by "dishless" you mean the center of the hub is centered on the rim, then yes generally rear disc wheels are. However, depending on the flange layout, hub geo, and rear wheel hole offset it's possible to have just one size spoke even though the flange centers are in very different positions.

If these are the 35mm cannondale carbon wheels with "stans" tubeless tech sticker then you might be better served just biting the bullet and grabbing another rear wheel. The hubs on those were very cheap OEM made by Formula, and they were often built by machine and somewhat badly. If you want to save the rim, you'd be better served just getting a Bitex or other good quality/low cost hub and having it rebuilt.
Thanks that is what I needed to know. Yes they are exactly those wheels.
Never noticed a problem with the hubs but I just checked and the bearings feel rough. Not sure if they are replaceable but my wife weighs 120 lbs and did not ride the bike that many miles so they should not be worn out. I am tempted to just order a wheel from BTLOS. Her bike will be out of commission for awhile but we have a tandem we can ride. I am not a big fan Bitex, would rather go for WI if I was to do a rebuild. The internal nipples suck so I would rather not reuse the rim.