Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-19-2018, 09:48 PM

Wahoo Fitness is awesome

...I reported a bug, they remotely enabled logging on my ELEMNT.. I sent them some log files.. 10 days later, new firmware released fixing my bug.

Almost blows my mind in the current modern world of products. Imagine reporting a bug to Google or Apple even.. the idea is hilarious.

And Garmin.. have they ever released a firmware that didn't fix 1 thing and break 9 things?

I hope they release more products in more segments.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:35 PM

Currently dealing with a very minor bug in mine that I've sent logs on, still hasn't been fixed yet, but they've been on top of it.

Top notch customer service.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:39 PM
Administrator

Good to hear; thanks for the positive vibes.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:21 PM

Echo the positive experiences with Wahoo's support service. I had some issues with the phone app, and emailed support as a long shot. A knowledgable rep responded within 24 hours solved my issue.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 07-20-2018, 07:14 AM

My bolt was dropping sensors. After a couple of email exchanges I was offerd to join Wahoo’s beta test team. Following two firmware updates my issue was resolved.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem View Post
...I reported a bug, they remotely enabled logging on my ELEMNT.. I sent them some log files.. 10 days later, new firmware released fixing my bug.

Almost blows my mind in the current modern world of products. Imagine reporting a bug to Google or Apple even.. the idea is hilarious.

And Garmin.. have they ever released a firmware that didn't fix 1 thing and break 9 things?

I hope they release more products in more segments.
Lol I think I reported a bug on Android in 2011 that I still get emails about... That hasn't been addressed.

Yeah wahoo's customer support it's top notch.

Recently bought a new HRM from them because my last one finally died after 2 years and 12,000+ miles. Never occurred to me to contact support because I figured I got my value from it, but another cyclist friend had the same thing happen, contacted support, and they sent him a new one.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:06 AM

I've had problems on and off with my HR monitor, solved every time by very rapid response from customer service. Would buy more Wahoo products in a heartbeat. (sorry, no pun intended - truly.)
Old 07-20-2018, 10:14 AM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by pncguy View Post
I've had problems on and off with my HR monitor, solved every time by very rapid response from customer service. Would buy more Wahoo products in a heartbeat. (sorry, no pun intended - truly.)
same here. Had problem with the tickr and messaged them, quick reply and HR is still working great.

This is why wahoo will take over garmin, they have great CS and great development of products.

I still have garmin and but would definitely consider wahoo next (I have the kickr and really like it, the tickr is excellent too and so is their cadence sensors).
Old 07-20-2018, 10:15 AM

Garmin's gotta be hurting a bit.

Wahoo is simply the best thing out there.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:18 AM
aka RAEKWON

wondering if wahoo is big in Europe though?

also I still see a ton of garmins out there but yeah, they def don't have that monopoly anymore.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:38 AM

Wahoo had enough say to see what Garmin was doing terribly, and make those weaknesses at Garmin their own strengths.

They can't match the product development budget at Garmin, but they sure can win on customer service.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:46 AM
#RYFB

Piling on the lovefest

I've had several Wahoo products going back to their early days: HR, two speed/cadence units, two RFLKTs, and now a BOLT. Every time I have had a problem they've responded quickly and on several occasions have sent me replacement units at no charge.

There's no way I'd buy from anyone else at this point. In fact, contemplating replacing the BlueSC with the separate speed and cadence sensors just because I'd prefer to get rid of the magnets.
Old 07-20-2018, 11:20 AM

Garmin had YEARS to produce a platform that didnt break things with each firmware update, drop ride data, crash, **** itself over daylight savings time updates, have a better UI/phone/route integration with other services....

So, F them. I tossed my 510 after it became totally unreliable and bought a Wahoo bolt, and it was my 3rd (!!!) unit after warranty replacements. My 500 was better, but still not great. Since then, zero lost rides/data, zero crashes, easy setup, great customer service. Everyone I ride with that has done the same brand switch has had the same experience.

I hope the emergence of Wahoo and other brands forces Garmin to get their **** together.
Old 07-20-2018, 11:36 AM

In contrast, I have had issues with my Fitbits and also had relatively good customer service. But the issues have been with hardware design and, personally, I think Fitbits still suck, and I won't ever buy another even though they have good customer service.

So, don't think good customer service can cover for your crap products and make you a successful business.
Old 07-20-2018, 03:26 PM

Given that fitness division / vertical represents 31% of their revenue ($276mm) and has seen a 24% YoY increase in revenue[1], I'd say they are probably satisfied with their current customer support process...

That being said - I only keep an old 510 in the gear bag as a backup. I've been happily using a Pioneer headunit for the last 2+ years without any issues.

I've got a Wahoo Tickr that has been fantastic - unlike the 3 or so Garmin HRM that have mysteriously broken after changing the battery..

[1] Source: http://newsroom.garmin.com/press-rel...rowth-proposes