Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-10-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jruhlen1980 View Post
I finally managed to catch the last 15 km of the stage live today from the PMG facebook page, it was a pretty exciting finish.

The first 4 stages I kept getting confused as to what time the stages would be and how to translate that to US Central time zone so I kept missing it. This was not helped by the absolute paucity of coverage by the normal cycling websties. Even the Ella Cyclingtips website hasn't had much beyond a preview before the race.
GCN is doing stage-by-stage recap videos on their Facebook page, as well as on-site coverage over the weekend for the end of the race.
Old 07-10-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
GCN is doing stage-by-stage recap videos on their Facebook page, as well as on-site coverage over the weekend for the end of the race.
Ah cool, thanks, I missed that. Usually I'm catching up on this stuff at work where youtube is frowned upon. Wasting time on cycling websites in general is probably frowned on, but less conspicuous.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:25 PM

Great pics!
Leah Kirchmann's time in the Maglia Rosa got quite a bit of attention in the cycling media around here.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:07 PM
what's a little rust?

Thanks for the pics!

That shot of Guarischi sitting in the doorway of the team bus (?) is a really nice shot.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jruhlen1980 View Post
Ah cool, thanks, I missed that. Usually I'm catching up on this stuff at work where youtube is frowned upon. Wasting time on cycling websites in general is probably frowned on, but less conspicuous.
The cycling tips podcast also has daily recaps, with a daily audio diary from Ruth Winder and one other person who's name I have forgotten. Podcasts are a bit less conspicuous .
Old 07-10-2018, 09:50 PM

The Virtu team kit with the Storcks is classic, just a great, elegant look. Great pics!
Old 07-11-2018, 06:23 AM

Old 07-11-2018, 01:30 PM

Old 07-11-2018, 02:06 PM

Thanks for that. I find it fascinating mainly because we get to see so little about women's racing. I saw some videos and felt it was compelling enough to have them broadcast to a larger audience. I have a daughter who just turned 7 last week. I grew up having brothers only, and find my daughter's development, way of thinking, intelligence, personality, etc mesmerizing/awesome. I bet if she had contact to that sort of thing, and having some bad-ass ladies as role models (aside from her mother of course), we'd prob have a lot more ladies riding/racing bikes. Again, thanks for the pics. They're beautiful in a myriad ways.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:40 PM

Great photos - thanks. I've been following women's road racing - and cyclocross and mtn bike racing - for a few years now. It probably started w/Evelyn Stevens. And moved up a notch w/the Olympic road race and Anamiek's performance. Good stuff.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:45 AM

That's very impressive...

Giro d'Italia Internazionale Femminile (2.WWT)
Stage 7 (ITT) » Lanzada › Diga di Campo Moro

Pos. Rider Team Time
1 VAN VLEUTEN Annemiek Mitchelton-Scott 46:06
2 MOOLMAN Ashleigh Cervélo-Bigla Pro Cycling 2:29
3 BRAND Lucinda Team Sunweb 2:54
4 GUARNIER Megan Boels - Dolmans Cycling Team 3:17
5 SPRATT Amanda Mitchelton-Scott 3:26
6 LONGO BORGHINI Elisa Wiggle High5 3:28
7 NIEWIADOMA Katarzyna Canyon SRAM Racing 3:38
8 LUDWIG Cecilie Uttrup Cervélo-Bigla Pro Cycling 4:06
9 ARZUFFI Alice Maria Bizkaia Durango - Euskadi Murias 4:18
10 WILES Tayler Trek - Drops 4:30

Last edited by Ruimteaapje; 07-12-2018 at 08:48 AM.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Great stuff!

It’s so refreshing to see all the smiles and happy faces.

Men’s racing at the TDF level looks like malnourished robots on the bikes in comparison; these pics seem to show a group of hard racing, fun having humans who are really enjoying racing and riding with their pals.

Awesome.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:06 AM

Old 07-12-2018, 10:09 AM
PegoNagos

Annemiek just CHRUSHED that time trial! Huge gap. So the only question now is will she be able to defend on the Zoncolon - I think that she will.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghammer View Post
Thanks for that. I find it fascinating mainly because we get to see so little about women's racing. I saw some videos and felt it was compelling enough to have them broadcast to a larger audience. I have a daughter who just turned 7 last week. I grew up having brothers only, and find my daughter's development, way of thinking, intelligence, personality, etc mesmerizing/awesome. I bet if she had contact to that sort of thing, and having some bad-ass ladies as role models (aside from her mother of course), we'd prob have a lot more ladies riding/racing bikes. Again, thanks for the pics. They're beautiful in a myriad ways.
Great that you are paying attention. We were not lucky enough to have children of our own, but I really think it is important for young women to get involved in a competitive sport--it will serve them well in their future careers.

Over the years we have really noticed that some of the best women managers we know are ones that had a stint in competitive sports--one's a swimmer, the second was a ski racer and the third played college level soccer.