Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-09-2018, 07:56 PM
Time & Bikes

DiNotte Lighting ???

Hey, so I placed an order last weekend with DiNotte Lighting -- not my first with them, love their stuff.

Didn't hear from them, so called on Thursday -- got through after "circuit busy" problems -- and was told my order would ship the next day. It didn't ship. Still shows unshipped, and they didn't get back to me after I left a message early today.

So just wondering if there are any snafus going on. Hope not, but seems odd, since I've gotten fine service for my five previous orders.

Dave, who as he says loves their stuff for being bright and logical and well made
Old 06-12-2018, 06:51 AM
Time & Bikes

I am surprised no reply from other Paceline people.

Is anyone else here a DiNotte Lighting customer?

Dave, who is simply trying to figure out what's what with the order he placed nearly 10 days ago with a company whose shipping policy reads "All items ship same or next business day unless otherwise noted" and nothing was otherwise noted with his order and at the same time he cannot get through to this company
Old 06-12-2018, 07:12 AM

Yes, a dinotte customer, also with no prior issues. I'm sure it'll come through, but I totally understand being concerned!
Old 06-12-2018, 07:57 AM

Dinotte lights

I placed an order for new lights on Friday evening and received email notice documenting the purchase. I expect the lights should ship early this week.

I have bought from them before as well. They have always been first class to deal with.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:24 AM

I have a bunch of their lights, and have been very happy with the lights and service. Its been just over a year since I last ordered from them though.

Chris
Old 06-12-2018, 07:05 PM

I emailed them a week ago about a light that won't work. No response. Their phone wasn't working then too. I sent another email yesterday. No response to that yet. Will try the phone tomorrow.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:49 PM

I sent an email last week essentially asking to be convinced their amber daytime blinker is highly visible despite the relatively low lumen rating.

They responded within a day defending the product.

Still considering a purchase, though, less so now.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc40a View Post
I sent an email last week essentially asking to be convinced their amber daytime blinker is highly visible despite the relatively low lumen rating.

They responded within a day defending the product.

Still considering a purchase, though, less so now.
The amber headlight is very visible, even on a sunny day.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:13 AM

I own one Dinotte light, a used 400R taillight, and it's the best taillight I have ever owned. This is based on driver reports and reports from other riders, a mile behind.

It's a bit old fashioned but it works fine if charged and it's the only taillight which has ever received compliments from car drivers.

FWIW, I bought it used a few years ago from another forum member and it's one of the best things I've ever purchased. I'd buy from them again based on this one light.

Call them up on the phone to see what's going on. Likely nothing sinister.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:28 AM
Hrmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab2000 View Post
I own one Dinotte light, a used 400R taillight...
Think I have the same light but its way too bright to use in a group. Have alwayse wanted an amber front though but I'm over carrying a separate battery pack.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asudef View Post
Think I have the same light but its way too bright to use in a group. Have alwayse wanted an amber front though but I'm over carrying a separate battery pack.
I agree, but it's good solo and it can be turned down to a less extreme level. It's a good light for much riding, if not all riding.

This is at a bright setting. I haven't been hit from behind yet with this light. I ride it at this brightness only in sunny daylight, and it's plenty visible.

Hopefully there is no issue with Dinotte, for their lights are superb.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:26 AM

Dinotte lights and batteries

The new lights I have ordered have integrated batteries. I have their older lights (great lights) but really wanted the convenience of integrated batteries.

One side benefit may be fewer folks drafting me without my knowing it. They would really need a tow if they want to do it with the new rear light in place!
Old 06-25-2018, 08:56 AM

I’m in the same boat, I placed an order last Wednesday the 13th and received an order confirmation number, but as yet the order remains “unshipped”. I’ve tried an email and a phone call, but no response. I’m assuming this is their busy season
Old 06-25-2018, 09:25 AM
Randomhead

for daylight use, their taillights are pretty amazing. Not sure I want something that bright at night, it's a conundrum.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:59 PM

Lights are great, and they've always been responsive in the past. My guess is that they will respond.