Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-15-2018, 07:07 AM

My bike project is to ride my bike.
Old 09-15-2018, 07:40 AM
ZhugeLiang

Quote:
Originally Posted by colker View Post
colker pal, why are you over-thinking it, just go out and do it!
Old 09-15-2018, 07:54 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by colker View Post
Mee too..I just don't have much time this year..riding has certainly been in the back seats. Mom-in-law, grand kiddies, very warm weather, lots of wheels to build or have been built, helping a guy get ready for L'ERoica..just 10 pounds of ****e inna 5 pound bag. But, oh well, grand kiddies, son's are certainly worth it, mom in law in a memory care center ..it is what it is....can't effect the weather..it'll cool off eventually..really enjoy building wheels for y'all...Hendrik will have a great time on his Merckx...

BUT me main rides, Merckx/Delta/EPS and Moots/C-Record/DT shifters/6s freewheel..they are in great shape. Don't lust for anything bike gadget wise.

Old 09-15-2018, 09:05 AM
Administrator

i am relieved to say no projects in the works right now, and for the foreseeable future.

late summer and fall are my favorite time of year for riding, and we have access to some awesome roads in the NE area. bikes are all running fine and for the first time in forever, i feel no "pull" to acquire more stuff, bikes, wheels or gadgets. limited time and very limited spare in the inn. no more stuff, just more riding over here
Old 09-15-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmk View Post

2. I have wanted a Peg. But I had a chance to get a citron OG1, and it was so much less $$$ that I decided to try the speedvagen. Idea was that I could wait and eventually pick up a Peg. Now, like others on this forum, I am thinking of picking up a Marcelo. I own 3 road bikes, however, and like to ride my bikes so the third project is deciding whether to sell . . . . the speedvagen or my carbon race bike (a 12.5 lb Trek Emonda). Maybe both?

(BTW, welcome thoughts . . . . not that I want to hijack the thread.)

Ryan--
That's amazing, i just sold my Peg Duende to buy a SV Citron OG1.

The Peg was too big. And I'm taking Duende not Marcelo.

I love how both bikes ride/rode. Not that I'm encouraging anything, but in a vacuum (if I could afford it) I'd want both.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:51 AM
Old, Fat & Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in SLO View Post
Which frame do I build up next?
Which bike do I sell to make room for the above?
Is it easier to answer the previous two q’s or just add onto my garage?
That's how I ended up at 14 bikes or frames in the garage.

I try to sell my 'old' stuff, but since I'd rather not give it away, no one seems to want it. I'm not charging retail by any means, but...

M
Old 09-15-2018, 02:57 PM
Barely Hanging On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee View Post
That's how I ended up at 14 bikes or frames in the garage.

I try to sell my 'old' stuff, but since I'd rather not give it away, no one seems to want it. I'm not charging retail by any means, but...

M
There are folks out there with a higher number. I seem to be having a similar an issue with folks wanting to buy the things I want to sell.

I think the more work interferes with riding, the more I overthink and spend on things. For example, I'm thinking about the repaint on a frame that's pretty far back in line in terms of projects. Not only am I contemplating Joe Bell versus Bill McDonald, but I'm also contemplating color and potential designs.

I'm also contemplating resuscitating with 1992 Specialized Epic with 8 speed parts and downtube shifters. It came with DA 8 STI, which was as good as it got back then, at least since Campy wasn't an option.
Old 09-15-2018, 03:00 PM

How I get to N-1. I have a Felt VR30 that I can lock up in town and don't mind transporting on a bus occasionally. I also recently picked up a Ritchey Breakaway that is getting hardly any use. I've been thinking of getting a titanium bike with couplers that will clear 650bx42 but would likely have too much money into it to lock up while running errands.

Can't really complain, I did 50 miles on my Rock Lobster in perfect weather today.
Old 09-15-2018, 04:15 PM

Encourage Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by whateveronfire View Post
That's amazing, i just sold my Peg Duende to buy a SV Citron OG1.

The Peg was too big. And I'm taking Duende not Marcelo.

I love how both bikes ride/rode. Not that I'm encouraging anything, but in a vacuum (if I could afford it) I'd want both.
I got a chance to ride my buddy's Marcelo today. It was too small (a 52 when I am probably a 54). But it rode amazing. So, yeah, this might not be a debate too much longer.

Ryan--
Old 09-15-2018, 04:25 PM
Classics Fan

I'd love to even have an idea for a cycling project... right now, it is mostly just imagining how much more I'll ride next year than this year.

A bunch of rides next fall look interesting.

I think I'll bite the bullet and get a Kickr this winter, and just aim to be in decent shape for the late season riding 2019.
Old 09-15-2018, 04:33 PM
commuter racer

I’m purging: campy wheels, old frames, forks, saddles.

Last edited by shinomaster; 09-15-2018 at 06:07 PM.
Old 09-15-2018, 04:39 PM

Not much — I was hemming and hawing about a hardtail, but that’s done. At some point I’ll overthink the grips or the bars but I hope that point is off a while or so in the future. Had some setbacks in my riding for a few years but I’m glad to be riding again, slow as I may be — the road bike, the cross bike, the mtb — good to turn the pedals.
Old 09-15-2018, 05:14 PM

7-Eleven replica

I just got a Moots CR and thinking of having it painted (Black Magic?) in the Team 7-Eleven colors. It's kind of an ode to my favorite cycling team.

I need to get a fork for it, probably a Ritchey WCS -- it's getting hard to find straight (non-taper) forks!
Old 09-15-2018, 06:41 PM

Waiting for my SV.

Trying to decide if I wait for surprise me paint and probanly don't get it before weather changes or do I take a standard paint job and get it in 3 weeks so I can ride it this year.
Old 09-15-2018, 07:28 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by veloduffer View Post
I just got a Moots CR and thinking of having it painted (Black Magic?) in the Team 7-Eleven colors. It's kind of an ode to my favorite cycling team.

I need to get a fork for it, probably a Ritchey WCS -- it's getting hard to find straight (non-taper) forks!
consider a whisky, the road+ fork is excellent.