Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-25-2019, 12:03 PM

Marine Nationale

THis!^^^^

Marine Nationale is a very cool strap for an active person- You can make the strap snug enough so that the watt does not jingle around.
Stretchiness makes it comfy.

I have one on my Luminox Navy Seal. I have my eyes on an older GMT. If I get this watch I will put a MN strap on and make it my daily driver-

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
Erika's MN Strap.
Old 07-25-2019, 02:17 PM

I mainly want a fabric strap to keep the watch in place when im sweaty. I understand the thermal conductivity of metal is much more favorable to remove heat (or provide as hot as its been in stl) from my body.

I really like the texture of the Tudor straps. I also like how the watch mounts. I also like how it doesn't have a bunch of bulky ugly metal loops on it as well.
Old 07-25-2019, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDollarsign View Post
I mainly want a fabric strap to keep the watch in place when im sweaty. I understand the thermal conductivity of metal is much more favorable to remove heat (or provide as hot as its been in stl) from my body.

I really like the texture of the Tudor straps. I also like how the watch mounts. I also like how it doesn't have a bunch of bulky ugly metal loops on it as well.
search on www.chrono24.com
Old 07-25-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -dustin View Post
If you're in the EU chrono24 is a better option, but even then the escrow protection isn't the best. Have hear plenty of horror stories about taking months to get funds back from deals gone bad. Now, that might not be that big of a deal on a lesser-valued item like a strap, but it's still something to take into consideration.

But just an FYI to the OP - Tudor Nato straps really aren't natos as they have pockets woven in for where the springbars are supposed to attach to the watch.

While they also have a nifty infinite adjustment feature that's similar to a shoulder strap on a camera or messenger bag, if your lug to lug distance is too short then the strap will bunch up underneath the watch when installed. Either that or skip the recommended installation procedure and you'll have the pockets protruding past the springbars. Now, this shouldn't be a problem with an Explorer since the case has roughly the same dims as a Black Bay 36, but if you want to use it on another watch it could be a little off.

That being said the finish to the woven fabric strap material itself is unlike anything out there. The ones from C&B aka the Chevron series is a pale imitation - like dressing up a Fiero to look like a 288.
Old 07-25-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinzerniner View Post
The good thing about those types of straps is they flex a bit more than Natos or Zulus, so a single position has more variability in actual wrist fit and comfort. However with the flex sometimes heavy watch heads can feel a bit unwieldy - like having a loose heavy saddle bag mounted.

As for Zulus or Natos - generally Zulus have the ovalized hardware and are single layer, as opposed to the double layer of Natos. As such Zulus tend to have slightly thicker material than Natos but not always, really depends on the manufacturer.

But if you're OK with the bracelet on your watch other than the fit then a glidelock, seiko MM300 or similar ratcheting fit mechanism could be the fix. With some of the nicer systems you get 1-1.5mm of adjustment per position, which is roughly the amount of swelling a wrist undergoes depending on temperature and activity.
I'm really excited for this Watch Steward strap to arrive now that I've seen how it works in some of the videos.

The big thing for me is fine adjust. The bracelet I had with my Citizen obviously could remove links but then it had a secondary mechanism of 3 positions inside the clasp that offered additional fine adjust. Most of the leather straps have closer to 1cm differences between the holes so the watch is either too tight or too loose.
Old 07-25-2019, 04:07 PM

anything by maratac.
Old 07-25-2019, 05:23 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Quote:
Originally Posted by benb View Post
Just ordered myself a 20mm minimalist olive green strap from the Watch Steward, thanks for the link.
It takes a bit of manual dexterity to engage the "buckle" clip when putting the watch on, but after a bit I got the hang of it and it isn't a big deal.

I hope it works for you.
Old 07-25-2019, 07:10 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Quote:
Originally Posted by -dustin View Post
maybe your wrists are just burly and insensitive.
You got me !!!

Old 07-26-2019, 03:52 PM

I have a Maratac watch that I wear daily with Clockwork Synergy nato straps. They look good together.. I also use their nato strap on my Garmin Fenix watch..

not too many brands make a 26mm Nato for the Garmin watch.

https://www.clockworksynergy.com/sho...y/nato-straps/
Old 07-30-2019, 12:44 PM

Glad I opened this thread.

I got my strap from Watch Steward yesterday. Took it and had it installed today. The guy who installed it gave me all kinds of crap, said it looked like it was missing pieces, wouldn't work, wouldn't fit, weirdest strap he'd seen in 30 years, blah blah blah.

I asked him to just put it together as the directions said. Works perfectly. Gotta wear it for a while but it seems really comfortable. Micro adjust of length, relatively flat, doesn't seem to dig into your wrist, and holds firm. To be fair it does look really short when you pull it out of the package, but I am right in the middle of the range of adjustment.

It's a little more grayish than the original strap for this watch but that's probably good, it's more neutral.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2702.jpg (65.2 KB, 64 views)
Old 07-30-2019, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickdoc View Post
Marathon Zulu. Bulletproof, comfy, cheap, tons of colors and options. I throw them in the dishwasher when they need it.

https://countycomm.com/collections/watch-bands

Hard to top this suggestion. My personal favorite.
Old 07-30-2019, 08:11 PM

NATOs are nice. The Tudors are well made for the Wilsdorf crew. Omegas are the best NATOS, but many others are fine.

I love NATO straps, but they do bring the bulk.

I'd recommend a rubber strap for the summer. These guys make them specifically for Rolex, so they fit flush to the case.
https://www.everestbands.com/