Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-23-2019, 03:21 PM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrider View Post
If/when I get the opportunity to watch Tour in person I’ll probably just rent one of these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's been done. See the link below
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac View Post
my wife is an executive at cisco, and cisco is a dimension data partner. through that relationship, we ended up getting the ultimate hookup for stage 14.
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...cyc1kyME1iZjN3 (be sure to hit the "info" button to see the captions)

i think this may have been the most amazing experience of our lives -- cycling or otherwise!

(as an aside, it's amazing how little americans in general know of the tour. when i told friends/family that we'd be attending, a majority asked me if i was racing )
Thanks for sharing your amazing trip. The captions were great and I enjoyed "being there".
Old 07-23-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
my wife is an executive at cisco, and cisco is a dimension data partner. through that relationship, we ended up getting the ultimate hookup for stage 14.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...cyc1kyME1iZjN3 (be sure to hit the "info" button to see the captions)

i think this may have been the most amazing experience of our lives -- cycling or otherwise!

(as an aside, it's amazing how little americans in general know of the tour. when i told friends/family that we'd be attending, a majority asked me if i was racing )
Wow. What an amazing trip. Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:57 PM
Strong Walker

Quote:

thanks dor sharing, it must have been a gret experience!

notbing new about knowledge oof the sport - buddies of mine attended the 94 football wc and got asked if they were the geeman team, apparently because they wore team jerseys (they wore beer bellys, too)
Old 07-23-2019, 07:06 PM

Quote:

Oh......my......God. That looks absolutely incredible.

In one simple post you now became the coolest guy on the planet. Thanks for sharing, looks amazing.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:47 PM

The Amgen Tour Of California flowed through my 'hood, several years back, for stage 1. I swear Sagan looked right at me (he won the stage). It was cool to see....MC cops leading the way, support vehicles, helicopter. But man, would love to be in Paris at the TdF finish though...wow.

Last edited by Jeff N.; 07-23-2019 at 09:27 PM.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:00 PM

Pick some mountain stages, on a good climb or the finish, if you go. Final stage is anti-climactic, but still a show!, if you’ve been following closely. Bucket list for sure.
Old 07-24-2019, 01:31 PM

I saw one once, when the Tour started in the UK in 2014. We were in Oxford for the summer. I got up at 5, took a bus to London, posted up at the barriers about at the last/1KM marker. Right at the inside, between the final two bends, riders were going to be going left to right in my field of view.

A lovely family from Oz posted up next to me; their kids were cycling mad, we're chit-chatting about the race, whether we're in a good spot to see, etc. Great. A few minutes later when the banter died down, I asked, "What's that building in front of us?" They laughed, before the guy slapped me on the back and goes, "That's Buckingham Palace, mate."