Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicycletricycle View Post
Well, I would just recommend the same situation but with an issue your really disagree with. Would you feel the same way?
Im not sure i follow.

Thought you were talking about weather or not grown ups were using her in this case in ways similar to showing kids at church. And my response was that this is not the case with Greta. She started this because she believes in this. She has been sitting in stockholm streets doing "school strike for the climate" long before this got massmedia attention i know because i ride in these same streets.. She is using anyone else as much as anyone else is using her. She is getting her story out there.

Wether or not i agree with the story or the objective does not change that this is something that stems from her? So i must say that yes i would feel the same way about her beeing used or not regardless if i agreed with the objective or not.

Last edited by tuscanyswe; 09-23-2019 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicycletricycle View Post
Does anybody else find the media attention around Greta a bit creepy? I remember being uncomfortable in church when the "faith" of children was put up on a pedestal, seemed a bit exploitative and it was clearly emotionally manipulative.

My feelings here are agnostic of her message. I just get creeped out by adults using children to front their ideas.
maybe they are her ideas, not some "adults". maybe they are the only thing she knows how to do in this world full of bull****. Ive heard shes got some form of autism, or Asperger, or who knows. But if this is the case, her single mindedness is explained to some degree. she literally has no capacity for the nonsense and lies and side speak. She knows how to be blunt and tell the truth. its not an agenda, its a knowledge deep down that we are making mistakes in the human experience than can and should be corrected, if only there wasnt so much BS floating around to navigate. if only more people could remove the BS fomr their view and see the problem clearly for what it really is, an attack on life that continues despite the knowledge we are killing ourselves. its not shocking, people still smoke and drink soda too, a sure way to reduce your life.
Old 09-23-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftf View Post
We are already in a world wide crisis. Some people don't care, benefit from it, are blind to it etc. 1/4 birds gone since the 1970s, barrier reef in serious decline, the amazon is pretty much gone, and a huge increase in extreme weather, countless species extinct, the list is becoming longer and longer. the earth is already suffering, and the suffering has just begun.
Eff birds and animals and reefs and clean stuff, what have they ever done for me? we need less regulations so corporations arent hurt, duh. i mean what if the imaginary entity with humans rights we call "corporations" started to suffer because we decide that we actually need these things to be functioning so we can live? how can you just let those poor corporations suffer so much, its not like they are simple constructs of our imagination, they have rights man! humans like stuff too much and are proud of the stuff they make too much. natures been doing a better job of it for years, so we try our best to destroy that. FFS, this is something some people think i guess...
Old 09-23-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzilliox View Post
The world would also be better if people didnt make assumptions that other people are not doing anything. Mr Kirk pulls out thoughtful response after thoughtful response and you follow up with a personal attack? classy, crassy! empty gestures? Mr Kirk offers thought in his posts, lots of it. then you come in suggesting a lack of substance. irony much?
If you think that was a personal attack then you should probably snowflake off to your safe space.
Old 09-23-2019, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CunegoFan View Post
If you think that was a personal attack then you should probably snowflake off to your safe space.
as i mentioned previously here, some people raise the level of conversation with thoughtful, insightful yet polite input, and others just drag the level of discourse down.

this was a great conversation, but it has run it's course now and the above typed nonsense creep in.

thank you for all who participated in a meaningful and appropriate manner.
Closed Thread