Old 07-17-2019, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisquik View Post
Good idea but switch to whiskey.
Whiskey in the freezer? Good heavens!
Old 07-17-2019, 12:44 AM

gameready

it works
saw it used a lot in "tactical athletes" aka SpecWar in the navy. used it after hip surgery, still use it for injuries, very noticeable if i can get to it within 20 minutes it is dramatic, once inflammation and swelling really set in , it isn't as dramatic; but coupled with elevation above the heart while using it is still so much more effective than my old frozen peas. I've seen presentations of the cold penetration of ice versus game ready, and it is much deeper. My advice on using these is to give whatever body part 30 minutes too warm up before moving it and stressing it (ie getting up and walking), for me, it was about an hour per session on the couch, with 20-25min on the machine and then the rest letting it warm back up before getting up.
Old 02-16-2022, 09:54 AM

I do have this kind of unit at home. I bought it since I decided to become a professional athlete. I get hurt easily. I hate that after an injury, there has to remain a visible scar. Not only that, but also there is always the risk of starting inflammation. I had to do something to heal my scars and bruises faster. It works pretty well. I still use that cryotherapy unit because it also helps me regain my energy while I apply it. At least now I can achieve my goal and also take care of my body.

Last edited by Mercury1989; 02-18-2022 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-16-2022, 10:09 AM

Reminds me a I have one in a back closet from my TKA 17 months ago. Should pull it out and use it. Although I'm not sure what you're actually looking for given the whole commercial cryo thing.

You could do this DIY setup.

The whole cold/heat debate continues for recovery/inflammation reduction.
Old 02-16-2022, 03:17 PM

Here's one home cryotherapy unit: Paper cups full of ice.

Pour water into paper cups and put in freezer. Take out and peel down the paper as you massage the ice into affected area.