Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-16-2019, 11:01 PM

Lachlan Morton - GBDURO, cool vid

Just seen this today...started watching...and had to see the finish. Nicely done.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/insi...xploits-video/

BTW, interesting seeing EF Education First at endurance events like this one and the Dirty Kanza. Watching the rides and getting insights of what is happening does add to the tapestry of cycling.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:56 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e74xncSCoqw
Old 07-17-2019, 06:51 AM

I'm lukewarm on World Tour guys doing participation events. That's what retirement is for, its like a high senior playing tee ball with 5 year olds. Of course hes going to win, by a lot. There's a whole series dedicated to guys with that level of fitness, its called the world tour. Great way to pad the team results, though

Now, if vaughters rode it in his wool suit, creveat tie and saddle shoes...I'd be impressed
Old 07-17-2019, 08:15 AM

And Alex Howes rode the Crusher in the Tushar. I like that these guys (and by extension, EF) are doing these types of events. Rapha, whether you like the company/products or not, has been a big factor in the EF riders doing these endurance off-road events.

There was an interesting comment in one of the videos (the DK video, I think), that said "there are a lot of people that follow DK that don't follow worldtour racing".

This "alternate" calendar of events is a nice change of pace for riders and cycling fans.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedevil View Post

There was an interesting comment in one of the videos (the DK video, I think), that said "there are a lot of people that follow DK that don't follow worldtour racing".
Yeah, like half the people in the shop last Saturday for the Tour stage watch party. Half of them didn't watch one second of the stage even though it was one of the best stages I've seen in a long while. I don't get it, but that's besides the point.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutgallery View Post

Now, if vaughters rode it in his wool suit, creveat tie and saddle shoes...I'd be impressed
OT, but has anyone noticed Vaughters is starting to look more and more like Paul Giamiatti's character on the show Billions?
Old 07-17-2019, 03:52 PM

That was great! Just like the Dirty Kansa vid with him and the others. And he's terrific, no airs at all, just doing what he loves to do, and doing damned well. Sure didn't notice any of the other riders, or those who were shown in the video, with a problem with him riding it. Quite the opposite. And all those people joining him along the way, how cool. I'm sure I'll watch the video again, too entertaining, plus a whole lot of those roads look like what I'd love to ride. Maybe another life, something tells me not going to happen in this one.
Old 07-17-2019, 03:59 PM

Road racing is far more exciting than events like this. I find this boring. There is nothing epic.. it´s just masochism.
Old 07-17-2019, 04:21 PM
ZhugeLiang

Nice video

Don't care if they are world-tour riders, still have to get off their bikes and drag their sorry a$$ up those unrideable sections, mess with cow poops and deal with sleep deprivation.
Old 07-17-2019, 04:39 PM

liked it.
Good narrative and scenery. Lachlan is entertaining to watch.

Instagram
Old 07-17-2019, 05:25 PM
Princess Sweat

Having participated in a few of these events I've gotta say that a lot of folks LOVE that pros are there and in the pack.

Allie Tetrick, Pete Stetina, Eddie Anderson, etc. It's cool AF to ride with them if only for 2 minutes.
Old 07-17-2019, 05:32 PM

We have a local annual 100 mile MTB "race" which Zabriskie would attend in the off season.

Definitely cool to see a pro hurting on the same ride you are on.

Same for Morton, he experience some low low moments that I can 100% relate to having done quite a few multi day off-road races. I respect that. It is a character builder.