Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Production Bikes

Old 11-11-2018, 05:57 PM

No OSWP. It's a weird fad. Keep the bike classic, lightweight and sexy.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:46 PM

Agreed, OSWP will take the eye away from the frame. Something so large and out of proportion destroys the visual harmony of one of the few beautiful modern frames. Actually, they look awful on all frames but if form follows function...
Old 11-11-2018, 08:14 PM

I don't know about the Ceramicspeed stuff, but check out SLF Motion.. US made stuff from the heartland. He can set you up with pulleys for your current set up, or do you up an Oversized setup with a new set of cages.

Slfmotion.com

Slfmotion on IG
Old 11-11-2018, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbnm View Post
No OSWP. It's a weird fad. Keep the bike classic, lightweight and sexy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rk540 View Post
Agreed, OSWP will take the eye away from the frame. Something so large and out of proportion destroys the visual harmony of one of the few beautiful modern frames. Actually, they look awful on all frames but if form follows function...
Yeah I haven't always been a huge fan of them, therefor I hadn't done much research on them. Thought maybe someone would have some good reasons to push me towards them. The more research I do, shows that its not always an upgrade piece and can cause issues, especially with etap.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:44 PM

..nm

Last edited by soupless; 11-11-2018 at 09:46 PM.
Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM

Personally I've opted to go with standard size jockey wheels with ceramic bearings in all of my road bikes. Currently, I like the BBinfinite sets because they can regularly be had for about ~$100 with coupon. Combined with quality BB bearings it noticeably decreases the drivetrain friction when spun by hand. On the road t "feels" faster to me, and while that might all be in my head, the placebo effect is a powerful one.
Old Yesterday, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kophinos View Post
Personally I've opted to go with standard size jockey wheels with ceramic bearings in all of my road bikes. Currently, I like the BBinfinite sets because they can regularly be had for about ~$100 with coupon. Combined with quality BB bearings it noticeably decreases the drivetrain friction when spun by hand. On the road t "feels" faster to me, and while that might all be in my head, the placebo effect is a powerful one.
Interesting. Sram Etap uses Cermaic bearing pulleys and mine spin fairly freely. Probably not as much as the BBinfinite pulleys, but Id be curious how it would feel. I like that they use a rubber pulley wheels so you dont have to worry about metal pulleys being loud as it rubs against the chain. I'll keep my eye open and do some research. Thanks for input
Old Today, 09:28 AM

Pulleys should probably be replaced more often than most of us do, but those BBinfites recommend every 4,000 miles.

These are an ultra-high performance racing part designed to give you an edge on race days. We recommend changing the pulleys every 4,000 miles, or about the life span of two chains, for maximum reliability and performance.

Doesn't feel like an upgrade to me for how I ride. I would need to buy 2 per year.