Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 05:33 PM
send me the twizzlers yo

This is a serious thing. Why are we making light about what this guy is wearing, or what components he’s using?!
Old 06-04-2020, 05:55 PM
Small ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
This is a serious thing. Why are we making light about what this guy is wearing, or what components he’s using?!
I pointed out the components in hopes that someone may know the bike. Perhaps even the LBS. I don't think he works on his own bikes. He does know how to use it as a weapon, though. A dear friend who is a retired LEO from the GWN, and champion cyclist, explained those moves to me. He was trained to use the bike as a weapon. The guy in Bethesda seems to be trained, too.

Last edited by zmudshark; 06-04-2020 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:20 PM
ferro verum est

Potentially ID'd on strava

https://twitter.com/korevec/status/1268665589540614144
Old 06-04-2020, 06:23 PM

https://twitter.com/brianfrosh/statu...339054082?s=12

Maryland AG is Looking to know who he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2020, 06:43 PM

If I stop on my ride it's to fix a mechanical, help someone who needs help or have a beer and some food. This guy needs counseling after they prosecute him to the full extent of the law. It would be nice if that were enough to keep him off a bike ........forever.
Old 06-04-2020, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicCows View Post
Now there’s some irony. Hoisted by his own (cycling) petard! As e-Ritchie noted, this is serious stuff. The fact that he’s a cyclist is completely tangential to the fact that he’s a criminal. But I’m glad Strava is finally useful for something...

Greg
Old 06-04-2020, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetroc View Post
Being a racist, violent asshole is more than just "screwing up." It's not a mistake.
Right. The whole thing is contemptible, but the violent part, in particular, is a crime. He's being sought for assault.

Last edited by djg; 06-04-2020 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-04-2020, 07:43 PM

His behavior was absolutely vile/despicable. Not only a poor representation of fellow cyclists, but a crappy example of a human.

That aside: is that the father of the child that's standing there, filming? If anyone even began to approach my child in a similar fashion I'd be thrashing him before he came within arm's length, and I wouldn't be filming the f'ing ordeal either.

(indeed, it appears the woman in that clip was far more willing to get in that cyclist's face than the 'videographer')

What is up with people passively observing through a lens, rather than acting? An unfortunate byproduct of the social media age. We've seen it increasingly. Recording crimes as passive observers and reporters (and more grotesquely, at times doing so with the intent of posting it later for 'likes'/'clout'/page views). Sometimes it becomes quite useful, and necessary, as a means to call out, document and help catch bad actors. But there's a line that's being crossed more often of late. Some people are ok with filming something happen rather than taking steps to assist or participate in achieving a resolution that minimizes damage or harm.

Last edited by ciclista_tifoso; 06-04-2020 at 07:51 PM.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:13 PM

We can all armchair quarterback what any adult would/should have done in this situation, but filming aggressive, violent, racist assholes seems to be the only way any of them are held accountable.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:20 PM

Well, it's not the only way.

My point is, that ahole approached a child and the 'camera man' just stood there from afar, phone still pointed upward to the 'scene'.

But yes, it captured the scenario, and it now appears the culprit will be ID'd and presumably will face.... fines or a civil suit (and online shaming).
Old 06-04-2020, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciclista_tifoso View Post

Well, it's not the only way.

My point is, that ahole approached a child and the 'camera man' just stood there from afar, phone still pointed upward to the 'scene'.

But yes, it captured the scenario, and it now appears the culprit will be ID'd and presumably will face.... fines or a civil suit (and online shaming).
You sure the camera man wasn't a teenage friend of the other girls?
Old 06-04-2020, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedid View Post
You sure the camera man wasn't a teenage friend of the other girls?
this was my take

Has anyone ever tried to fight or scramble in road cleats?
Old 06-04-2020, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermo View Post
this was my take

Has anyone ever tried to fight or scramble in road cleats?
Never have. I have to admit I gave it some practical thought after seeing this some time back.

If and when this guy is found I suspect he'll face minimal legal and civil repercussions unless he has a record. The fella is exhibiting some serious rage there, though, and obviously needs something. A few things come to mind.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:49 PM

I read that twitter feed, it is kind of sad that bunch of people rushed to identify an individual (not op) without the police publicly identified him first.

If they made a mistake someone's life is going to the toilet since stuff stays in the internet forever.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:53 PM
Randomhead

so far, I have seen two names. Obviously, only one or neither is correct. So the internet mob should probably slow a little
Closed Thread