Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-01-2020, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdntrxi View Post
You do realize that the picture you posted is nearly 8 years old? The house that picture was taken in was sold in part because Lance needed the cash when all his sponsors abandoned him. I'd be surprised if Lance is still sleeping so soundly surrounded by his framed yellow jerseys today.

Greg
Old 06-01-2020, 03:32 PM

Like I said. It struck me how he, like many top athletes have a VERY mean side that will attack anyone who gets in the way of winning.
In many ways I feel sorry for him, but also see that he brought this all on himself. No one made him race. But he chose to race and that meant he had to dope.

Every single popular professional sport has a HUGE doping problem. If anyone says a particular sport doesn't have a problem, they're probably in denial.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregL View Post
I'd be surprised if Lance is still sleeping so soundly surrounded by his framed yellow jerseys today.

Greg
I'm sure that Lance is sleeping just fine. His estimated net worth now is around $50M - https://fanbuzz.com/national/lance-armstrong-net-worth .

But, yeah - sociopath all the way!

Texbike
Old 06-01-2020, 03:40 PM

Sticking to just the things I learned in part 2 that I didn't know / suspect before:

1) Has no respect for any of his competition (besides that, um, "emotion" for Jan)

2) Hates Floyd

3) Hasn't changed much, he's gonna be who he is.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:41 PM

Quote:
You do realize that the picture you posted is nearly 8 years old? The house that picture was taken in was sold in part because Lance needed the cash when all his sponsors abandoned him. I'd be surprised if Lance is still sleeping so soundly surrounded by his framed yellow jerseys today.

Greg
The point of the picture is the jerseys.. are you saying he is unable to remove them off the wall and take them with him ?

he still has the jerseys !
Old 06-01-2020, 03:44 PM

He crapped all over Hincapie. Was surprised at hearing him say that one.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdntrxi View Post
The point of the picture is the jerseys.. are you saying he is unable to remove them off the wall and take them with him ?

he still has the jerseys !
The photo was taken when he was still proclaiming his innocence. Yes, he can take the jerseys with him and yes, he very likely still has them. To anyone knowledgeable of the sport and Armstrong's behavior, they no longer have a positive meaning. I have no idea if Armstrong has those jerseys on display in his Aspen home. Based on his lack of contrition, it wouldn't surprise me if he did. A person with more humanity would likely not display them.

Greg
Old 06-01-2020, 04:00 PM

^ it's Lance.. they are on display
Old 06-01-2020, 04:01 PM
v a n i l l a

It was kind of like watching Westworld where there is a really good android of -7 who at times almost completely convinces you there is a caring human in there but then it is revealed that underneath the human interface there is an unfeeling machine

He did say "I'm sorry" at the end.

He did say he was wrong to call Emma a wh_re

Wonder why they left Greg out.

I really enjoyed hearing and seeing Floyd. Remember that epic ride? The 100's of bottles that came out of the car it was so hot.

I know we've all heard the commentary, but it was still great to see the others actually say what they said on screen. Especially Tyler.

If I could wave a wand I'd replace CVdV with Frankie on any cycling broadcast. I suppose since there are no races it doesn't matter anyways.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:02 PM

Words Are Words, Money Is Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54ny77 View Post
He crapped all over Hincapie. Was surprised at hearing him say that one.
Aren't Hincapie and Armstrong promoting an expensive bike tour together for later this year?
Old 06-01-2020, 04:20 PM

I watched.

Most interesting was when he talked about Jan and Pantani......especially Jan.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:28 PM

I don't know the guy personally, but it wouldn't be a stretch to say that he's self-centered and has a disregard for others. He just got good at riding bikes. If he worked at a Walgreens he probably would've gotten fired. You can be successful without being an asshole.

The charity aspect is true, both in terms of visibility and funding. It also raised his own profile and made him more valuable to sponsors. That doesn't mean that he didn't believe in it.

Anyway, seems like a lot of people feel like the guy did wrong by them. He doesn't particularly care or, worse, has fostered an active dislike of them. Humans first, sport second.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:32 PM

Quote:

Greg
Im pretty sure that dude is doing JUST fine. That $5M settlement wouldn’t have made a scratch on his net worth. Good for him.......
Old 06-01-2020, 05:33 PM

Outside Online has an interesting podcast where they interview Marina Zenovich, the woman who made the Lance documentary. Great insight on what she was looking for and how she interviewed Lance.

I haven't even watched it, yet, it's sitting on my DVR.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:40 PM

I found Part I to be entertaining and informative....at least for me.

I was uneducated on the timeline of certain aspects and it's always fun to see behind scenes stuff. (That first house he built himself, before age of 22 or 23, riding a bicycle......is pretty cool.) Sounds like it was helluva investment also