Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-15-2019, 06:47 AM

Fairweather bikepacking bags - I have put these things through the wringer.

The standard Seat Bag and the Handlebar Bag have taken me from Marseille, FR to Stockholm, Sweden, from Marseille to the southern tip of Italy through the alps, from Marseille to Valencia, Spain, and from Paris to Latvia, plus countless weekenders. 5 years in and they show very, very little signs of wear. The velcro and buckles are all still perfect, the weather resistance hasn't budged a bit, and they still fit everything I need for a 10-12 day outting.

I've added the Revelate Designs top tube bag in recent years and ride with it 7 days a week, equally impressed.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:08 AM

Steel bicycle frames. How many times were they declared obsolete? Steel always come back in the hands of avant garde builders, in new genres of bike riding. Always tough, elegant, light as it needs to be and the best riding feedback of any material. Beautifull new, classic when old.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:28 AM
50 bpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by colker View Post
Steel bicycle frames. How many times were they declared obsolete? Steel always come back in the hands of avant garde builders, in new genres of bike riding. Always tough, elegant, light as it needs to be and the best riding feedback of any material. Beautifull new, classic when old.
👍
Old 10-15-2019, 09:40 AM

• Boblbee backpacks.

I got one back in 2010, and if it wasn't for my scrubbing off of the matte black finish whilst 'cleaning under the influence' it would still look brand new. I daily wore that backpack for 6 years and it's in unreal condition. The fact that the hardshell is in good condition is one thing, but it's the soft materials which truly blow my mind. Well worth the 230 Eur I paid for it back then.
  • Haglöfs outdoor gear

I came across Haglöfs almost 9 years ago at a trade show and picked up an outdoor soft shell jacket. It's good to this day and looks a year old at best. I've bought a ton of things from them since and the only reason I replace them is because I'd like something new. Incredibly hard wearing stuff that cannot be faulted. Again, worth whatever additional expense there is over other brands.

Last edited by jadedaid; 10-15-2019 at 09:43 AM.