Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-17-2020, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrofit View Post
if they damage the bike, he has every right to be t-off. I'd trash the whole bike now depending on what happened and charge it to the UCI.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:14 PM

For anyone that's interested in North American history of the tour here is a recent local podcast with Alex Stieda the first North American to wear the Yellow Jersey. Ex 7-Eleven - Hoonved Cycling Team, healthful developmental cycling advocate, and currently also doing some tour commentary with Svein Tuft for Flow cycling.

I still ride on the track with some of his early cycling buddies mentioned in the interview here in Vancouver.

https://cyclingbc.net/news/2020/09/1...h-alex-stieda/

https://www.stiedacycling.com/#home-section

Last edited by m_sasso; 09-17-2020 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-17-2020, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdntrxi View Post
if they damage the bike, he has every right to be t-off. I'd trash the whole bike now depending on what happened and charge it to the UCI.
Yep, figured this was the case.....and to my point above, if Roglic is a guy who is super particular about his stuff (a la Eddy in A Sunday in Hell), this could become a distraction. You don’t mess up the GC leaders ride with 3 stages left.
Old 09-17-2020, 11:09 PM

2020 TDF and people still being hopeful that Pro's don't dope.. hahaha
Old 09-17-2020, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulh View Post
Marc Hirschi (Sunweb) crashed, finished 13th on the stage
"I felt good, I took points for the mountains jersey, then I crashed. I tried to come back but it didn't work out. Carapaz had a small gap and I wanted to close the gap.

"I also had a different tyre on and I wasn't used to this tyre - then I slipped. I just took too many risks.

On super-combatif prize

"No no no, it's not my goal to take the super-combatif - I'm fine now and maybe - we'll see if I get it or not. I will anyway fight. It's the Tour de France, so I think anyway you fight to the end."
Not what Continental want him to say. The follow up question should have been what tire slipped?
I still think that Cervelo S5 has a light front end and that is why he washed out. When in an aero stretched out position it's weighted balanced but sitting up on the tops or hoods it looks rear heavy.
Old 09-18-2020, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying View Post
That is not "a rider" That is Wout Van Aert! UCI cyclecross World Champ Mens Elite 2016,2017,2018

Winner of Milan San Remo on 2nd attempt

This is no mere "rider"
Fine, but when is the last time a 21-yr-old from Slovenia was less than a minute down from another Slovenian in Yellow? I can't get over how well Pogagar is doing at such a young age. It doesn't even begin to pass the smell test.
Old 09-18-2020, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudguy View Post
Fine, but when is the last time a 21-yr-old from Slovenia was less than a minute down from another Slovenian in Yellow? I can't get over how well Pogagar is doing at such a young age. It doesn't even begin to pass the smell test.
Tour l'Avenir winner, youngest ever to win a world tour race at AToC last year, won Vuelta stages. It ain't like it's coming from nowhere.

Quickly? Yeah, but this ain't Froome going from donkey to greatest grand tour rider in a generation.
Old 09-18-2020, 04:30 AM

day in, day out, day in, day out,... all those sitting in top 10-20 are probably doing something extracarricular. Hell, how does someone even finish a tour such as this?

Last edited by laupsi; 09-18-2020 at 04:33 AM.
Old 09-18-2020, 05:59 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdntrxi View Post
How could they 'damage' the crank? Shimano 9000 series crank..end cap, bolts loosen..crank comes off...

Ad-Free of NBCGold offline for some reason(for me) so onto the Phil and Bobke show..one is 'ad-free', other is 'AD-Packed!!'....

Last edited by oldpotatoe; 09-18-2020 at 07:51 AM.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Ad-Free of NBCGold offline for some reason(for me) so onto the Phil and Bobke show..one is 'ad-free', other is 'AD-Packed!!'....
You mean the Ad show where they occasionally show some cycling?
Old 09-18-2020, 08:20 AM

Nbcsn

I have enjoyed the moto commentary from Adam Blythe on the Phil and Bobke show--I record the morning broadcasts on YouTube Tv so I can fast-forward through the commercials. Watching the stages in the evening has been a welcome recovery from pandemic elementary school teaching!

David
Old 09-18-2020, 08:43 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by denapista View Post
2020 TDF and people still being hopeful that Pro's don't dope.. hahaha
There's a reason why all these teams have a full time MDs on staff..they know intimately the things that are legal and not and those which are 'legal' in certain amounts...BUT..cycling probably cleaner than ANY 'ball' sport..from anywhere..
Old 09-18-2020, 08:45 AM

I can't do regular NBC. AdFree has been wonderful with Anthony and Simon this year.

Btw. Cavagna averaging 48kph for the first TWO HOURS of this stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 09-18-2020, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwisimon View Post
I still think that Cervelo S5 has a light front end and that is why he washed out. When in an aero stretched out position it's weighted balanced but sitting up on the tops or hoods it looks rear heavy.
That must be an optical illusion, maybe due to the shape/angle of the seat tube. The S5 has a similar geometry to other road bikes, including wheelbase and front center dimensions. It's front end should be no more light than any other bike used in the tour. Although I haven't ridden the latest version of the S5, I own and ride the previous version, and it does not have a light front end.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:01 AM

The last kilometers of today's stage looks exciting. All the green jersey contenders are in the break. Great to see them taking this down to the wire!

Greg

Tags
boring disagreement, spoilers