Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds (Cycling Products)

Old Yesterday, 01:05 PM

Is not easy to send to south america, because to many countries there you have sizing restriction, so you have to find a currier at an airport to send a frame or a bike, even wheels, and that will hike the price to the roof. That's the reason a guy in S/A with a frame as the ones they are selling is really rare. Treks and spech are all over the place obviously because they have a good distributors chain but even they have to send the stuff in containers to make it cost efficient.

Have a friend in europe that sold 2 bikes to south america and he was having nightmares because the bikes showed up like 3 months after. Buyer was not too happy but he knew what was going on.

Never had any problems with Japan, any other place in asia is to be worried about.
Old Today, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Seriously. In size XL no less.

2012 Scale Premium - full XTR and bling everything, but 26er and triple - for $1195
2012 Spark SL - full XX and carbon hoops, but 26er - for $1995
2013 Scale 900 RC - full XX/XTR - for $1695
2012 Scale 29 RC - frame w WCS post - for $495

All three of those are a ton of bike for the money, some more behind the curve than others..
I decided to buy the 2012 Scale Premium - thinking it was quite a deal. Too good to be true, alas. Ordered early in the week, and got an email today that they couldn't find the bike in the warehouse.
Old Today, 11:55 AM

I've found out that the R&A website doesn't always match what they have in stock. Better to call and ask.
Old Today, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srcarter View Post
I decided to buy the 2012 Scale Premium - thinking it was quite a deal. Too good to be true, alas. Ordered early in the week, and got an email today that they couldn't find the bike in the warehouse.
I've been humming and hawing about the 2015 Scale 710 and the 2012 Scale RC 29er frame...but ultimately, I'd be buying it just because it's cheap and fast...and I'm more interested in titanium and steel at this point...

Almost pulled the trigger on the 2013 BMW SLR01 World Champ frameset in 61cm also, but just couldn't square the geometry and need to go electronic on it.

Some good deals just need to be passed by