Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-18-2021, 09:27 PM

Litespeed Ultimate Gravel vs. Watia

I am considering one of the gravel bike options from Litespeed. Primarily I am on paved path with the option for going off the beaten path into gavel paths and perhaps a farm road. So something a bit more road bike than offroad bike in use. I would like the option of going to more offroad options with the family even if it meant switching to 650's.

Has anyone had experience with either of these bikes?
Old 10-19-2021, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richorr View Post
I am considering one of the gravel bike options from Litespeed. Primarily I am on paved path with the option for going off the beaten path into gavel paths and perhaps a farm road. So something a bit more road bike than offroad bike in use. I would like the option of going to more offroad options with the family even if it meant switching to 650's.

Has anyone had experience with either of these bikes?
Your current riding would probably be better served by the Ultimate Gravel as it's more geared towards fast road with some off-road riding capability built in, while the Watia is tuned for slightly more versatile riding with greater tire clearance and a more comfortable geo.

Don't think you can go wrong with either, but if you ever see yourself going with larger tires then get the Watia as the couple hundred gram weight gain is negligible when you're dealing with fatter tires. Also I find the Watia silhouette bit more refined, if vanity matters to you (as it matters to me.)

Last edited by yinzerniner; 10-19-2021 at 12:20 PM.

Tags
litespeed