Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-25-2017, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomforeal View Post
i'd love to see bledsoe unleashed in the bucks' blitz heavy-defence, but i don't know what they have to offer for him that they'd be willing to part with - hopefully not brogden or maker?!
I'd assume any Bucks deal is centered around Monroe's expiring contract and picks. Can't imagine them meaningfully changing any part of their core just to get 1.5 years of Bledsoe.

Bledsoe hasn't been the same defensive terror since he left LAC- could be apathy/Suns malaise, or maybe all his knee issues have taken the edge off or maybe running the offense takes the bulk of his energy/focus?
Old 10-26-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
I'd assume any Bucks deal is centered around Monroe's expiring contract and picks. Can't imagine them meaningfully changing any part of their core just to get 1.5 years of Bledsoe.
i wouldn't trade for expiring contracts/cap space and end-of-the-first-round picks if i was the suns. their core is too young and raw for a big free agent signing to make sense, and they've got plenty of young-and-marginal prospects already. but nothing they've done since they dropped kerr has made sense to me so what do i know

Quote:
Bledsoe hasn't been the same defensive terror since he left LAC- could be apathy/Suns malaise, or maybe all his knee issues have taken the edge off or maybe running the offense takes the bulk of his energy/focus?
he looked good last year until they shut him down. not the force he was in LA but as you say he's had a different role. if you still believe he's a player, then limit his minutes and primary ball handling responsibilities and let him make plays on O and D. if not, well, no one's forcing you to trade for him
Old 10-26-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomforeal View Post
i wouldn't trade for expiring contracts/cap space and end-of-the-first-round picks if i was the suns. their core is too young and raw for a big free agent signing to make sense, and they've got plenty of young-and-marginal prospects already. but nothing they've done since they dropped kerr has made sense to me so what do i know
That's a good point - they probably aren't relevant for 2-3 more seasons.

I was thinking about what a fair price for Bledsoe is and what the Bucks be willing to pay. The Suns have needs at really every spot to get 8 guys that belong in they playoffs. To me that means more bites at the apple, and moving pieces (like expiring contracts) around for better position on draft day. They have Miami's 1st this summer as well as their own (protected 1-7), and likely two 2nd round picks. Move stuff around, get good players on rookie deals.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:09 AM

If McDonough has any sense, he'll ship Chandler out with Bledsoe. Really no reason for him to be on the roster at this point.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
If McDonough has any sense, he'll ship Chandler out with Bledsoe. Really no reason for him to be on the roster at this point.
That whole Chandler thing (we'll sign you, then we'll bring in Aldridge and he'll be so shocked, he'll sign too!) was weird.

Dudley, I guess is the calming veteran influence? Just for Jared Dudley's sake, I'd like to see him in a spot to help a contender.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
That whole Chandler thing (we'll sign you, then we'll bring in Aldridge and he'll be so shocked, he'll sign too!) was weird.

Dudley, I guess is the calming veteran influence? Just for Jared Dudley's sake, I'd like to see him in a spot to help a contender.
Clear the decks. let the kids get some run. Be bad. Use the picks. See what percolates.

Booker's a keeper. Dragan might be the same. Len might never be worth the pick, but he seems like a serviceable banger.

Ulis and Chriss are interesting pieces too, though I know they've had some injury issues.

Maybe Dudley just loves that dry Phoenix heat?
Old 10-26-2017, 10:46 AM

The whole Bledsoe thing is fishy as hell. Makes the Suns look like amateurs. Latest reporting has Suns management calling him out for not producing when they sat him for the end of last year, and prior to that had Dragic & IT at the same position? Oh and Knight for a hot minute there too.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:08 AM

The Suns seem, in general, not great? If you look from the top down, Robert Sarver is maybe not the worst owner in professional sports, but he is on the list.

A brief synopsis of recent Suns history:

1) Sarver pushes GM Steve Kerr into trading for out-of-shape and old Shaq, who proceeds to ruin the pace/flow for one of Nash's last productive seasons.

2) Runs local hero Kerr out of town, good thing since that guy doesn't know anything about basketball

3) Tries to tank, catches lightning in a bottle with the Bledsoe/Dragic 2 PG lineup, somehow sneaks up to .500. Instead of sticking with the plan and continuing to build, decides to go all in on adding IT4 and even Brandon Knight to the list. (Uh, maybe PG isn't your area of need?). Lets local hero Channing Frye, who is actually the key to making that 2PG pick and pop work go to Orlando. Team predictably implodes with 4 guys good enough to be a starter on an average team but only one ball. Blames Hornacek for not making the personnel work, gets rid of him.

4) Whatever the hell happened with the Morris twins.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:17 AM

Just like to point out that the Cavs dropped one to the NETS last night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2017, 11:31 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelicoln View Post
Just like to point out that the Cavs dropped one to the NETS last night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And KD and Curry dropped the 3's for the win last night
Old 10-26-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales guy View Post
And KD and Curry dropped the 3's for the win last night
they just barely got the win.
lowry played awful.
last couple of iso possessions weren’t wise on the raptor’s part even though it did drain clock time.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by velotrack View Post
they just barely got the win.
lowry played awful.
last couple of iso possessions weren’t wise on the raptor’s part even though it did drain clock time.

I caught only parts of this game, but the Raps had great ball movement before switching back to DeRozan/Lowry isoball in the last couple minutes. They always seem to do that.

Toronto has a nice future, Ujiri is a good GM.
Old 10-26-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
I caught only parts of this game, but the Raps had great ball movement before switching back to DeRozan/Lowry isoball in the last couple minutes. They always seem to do that.
story of basically every close meaningful game toronto has played in the past 3 years

Quote:
Toronto has a nice future, Ujiri is a good GM.
but, this. it's nice to see a GM whose able to look a the big pictures and ignore the screaming heads. TO will be a playoff team for the foreseeable future, and masai will keep getting props and cashing checks
Old 10-26-2017, 03:16 PM

Lowry's 31. DeRozan is 28.

Window ain't gonna be open forever. And the playoffs last two years have shown IsoBall won't work with those two in the playoffs.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:32 PM
cnighbor2

Potential Spoilers

Potential Spoilers
CURRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111