Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-17-2017, 08:14 PM

Sounds pretty good, Marc! Plus this way, you don't have to think about holding out for the Tessa Roadster. ;-). 0 to Edgartown in 47 seconds......
Old 11-29-2017, 08:34 PM

Update

We picked up the 2015 Leaf SV on Friday. After 2-1/2 hours waiting for the dealer to do each simple step (pass the papers and take our check, get the MA registration, and slap a sticker on it, also make up a second key to replace the one they lost) we got into the car and they had forgotten to charge it. Duh. So we spent another hour getting enough juice in it to drive back to my sister's place where we were staying. I'm no EV expert, but it seems comfortable and nicely appointed. In the interim we're using the 120V EVSE it came with, which charges at 4-5 miles per hour. L2 chargers 2 miles away at work if we need it. More as we use it as cold weather comes. I ordered a set of steelies and snows from Discount Tire, which should arrive this week.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:38 PM
Administrator

cool and congratulations.

please keep us posted.

one thing particularly interested in is your real world differences in battery capacity from summer to winter. you're a good tester there being in NH.

cheers!
Old 11-29-2017, 09:53 PM

I'm interested in that too (though I live on Martha's Vineyard after 34 years in NH) so we have a notebook in the car where the intention is to enter odometer and range value at beginning and end of each drive, to get a better idea of exactly that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
cool and congratulations.

please keep us posted.

one thing particularly interested in is your real world differences in battery capacity from summer to winter. you're a good tester there being in NH.

cheers!
Old 11-30-2017, 12:40 AM

snow tires for MV? it snows like once a decade there...
Old 11-30-2017, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHAero View Post
We picked up the 2015 Leaf SV on Friday. After 2-1/2 hours waiting for the dealer to do each simple step (pass the papers and take our check, get the MA registration, and slap a sticker on it, also make up a second key to replace the one they lost) we got into the car and they had forgotten to charge it. Duh. So we spent another hour .........
Slightly OT but this is typical of my experience and makes me certain that at some point Amazon or another retailer is going to figure out how to sell and deliver cars with professional customer service and wipe the floors with the conventional dealerships.
I see today's car dealers as being just like medallion taxi cabs. Their business is totally ripe for the picking.