Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-08-2023, 09:22 PM

Schwalbe Marathon Supreme Evo. I’ve tried different tires in 26” - different Pasela versions and Herse RTP, but this one is my favorite. Rides quite well, excellent grip, perfect size for my Rivendell All-rounder with fenders, and seem to have good puncture protection.

The only downside is they are hard to find in the States. I got mine from Germany, Bike24, I believe.

https://www.schwalbetires.com/Marath...me-11600777.01
Old 06-08-2023, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxharth View Post
Schwalbe Marathon Supreme Evo. I’ve tried different tires in 26” - different Pasela versions and Herse RTP, but this one is my favorite. Rides quite well, excellent grip, perfect size for my Rivendell All-rounder with fenders, and seem to have good puncture protection.

The only downside is they are hard to find in the States. I got mine from Germany, Bike24, I believe.

Any one read the first post, the OP wanted to spend $35.00?
Old 06-09-2023, 07:37 AM

Good point. My bad. I did read it, but I waited so long to reply that I forgot about that key point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_sasso View Post
Any one read the first post, the OP wanted to spend $35.00?
Old 06-09-2023, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_sasso View Post
Ribmo fan here, rode them across the North American continent a couple times, zero punctures and no issues. Once on a 26" wheel and once on a 700c wheel, by far my favourite touring/urban commuting tire. Other 26" choices https://www.restoration.bike/26-inch...in-bike-tires/
I had the Ribmo on one of my commuters. They are bombproof but so slow! Replaced with Pasela PTs and gained 1-2 mph on my commute. Puncture / rolling resistance tradeoff...
Old 06-09-2023, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxharth View Post

That's a good looking tire, but I can't seem to find it on Bike24 – only Amazon for $75, which is Compass / Herse territory, though the Schwalbe could well be a better tire.
Old 06-10-2023, 08:57 AM

Wow, I don’t see it on the Schwalbe sites in the U.S. or Europe. Listed in US but out of stock. Maybe it’s discontinued. The marathon supreme has been part of their line for a long time, so I wonder what happened. I don’t see anything similar, either. Well, they do have something similar called Marathon Efficiency, but it has weird side knobs.

Sorry. This was a bad suggestion all around. But it’s a good tire, way more durable than the Herse and such, which makes it worth the money for me, even if the ride is not quite as nice.