Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-05-2023, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnetter View Post
Amazing defensive stops, sharp playmaking, versatile floor game.
I was especially impressed by his ability to goal-tend without getting called for it! (Kidding aside, he really was great. And I'm watching the series as a pure neutral. I can't remember the last time that was true.)
Old 06-05-2023, 03:09 PM

[QUOTE=username;3254762]I was especially impressed by his ability to goal-tend without getting called for it! (Kidding aside, he really was great. And I'm watching the series as a pure neutral. I can't remember the last time that was true.)[/QUOTE]

Well, you do live in Oakland

But, yeah, I'm neutral as well. I love both Jokic and Jimmy B. Great teams. Great coaching. Great fashion models on the bench (Herro).

Worth noting: the Nuggets would've won that game if the usually stalwart defender KCP didn't foul two Heat players on three-point shots.
Old 06-05-2023, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
But, yeah, I'm neutral as well. I love both Jokic and Jimmy B. Great teams. Great coaching. Great fashion models on the bench (Herro).

Worth noting: the Nuggets would've won that game if the usually stalwart defender KCP didn't foul two Heat players on three-point shots.
KCP, who I love, was bad. Bruce Brown, by contrast, was great.

I'd be very happy if the series were 2-2 when it returns to Denver.
Old 06-08-2023, 11:05 AM

Jokic and Murray were magnificent last night. So was the high school kid off the bench.
Old 06-08-2023, 12:02 PM
Registered (ab)User

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
So was the high school kid off the bench.
Christian Braun? I think they said he's 22 yo...but yeah, his energy and tenacity were off the hook last night! I will genuinely enjoy watching that kid for years to come if he keeps that up.
Old 06-08-2023, 01:26 PM

The Heat just have so little margin for error. They've got to be at 95% every night and hope that Denver is around 65-70%. To dominate in that fashion in 2023 with just 5 made threes is ridiculous.
Old 06-09-2023, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
The Heat just have so little margin for error. They've got to be at 95% every night and hope that Denver is around 65-70%. To dominate in that fashion in 2023 with just 5 made threes is ridiculous.
Denver shot 27% from 3pt line game 3. Room to improve.

Jeff
Old 06-09-2023, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwdm View Post
Denver shot 27% from 3pt line game 3. Room to improve.

Jeff
I feel strongly that there is a Michael Porter Jr game coming in this series. Maybe tonight, maybe later, but he's going to see one go down and then it's going to be like 6 threes in a half or something silly. He's had a rough finals so far, but I like that he stayed engaged on defense even when his shot wasn't falling in G3. Most of his threes are rattling in and out, and it's all him. The Heat don't have a player who can really contest on his shots other than Bam who is busy elsewhere.
Old 06-10-2023, 12:30 AM
Boeuf Chaîne

Well, after Game 2 I thought the series might go 7, but now it sure looks like the Nuggets are as good as folks said they were.
Old 06-10-2023, 07:35 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
Well, after Game 2 I thought the series might go 7, but now it sure looks like the Nuggets are as good as folks said they were.
Winning two in Miami..Yup, I'd say so.
Old 06-10-2023, 08:15 AM

Really impressive when Jokic sat down with 5 fouls, felt like Miami was going to do their thing and the Nuggets maintained the lead. Great games from Gordon and Brown.
Old 06-13-2023, 10:06 AM
Registered (ab)User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
Help me out here: I have only ever seen Jokic play in these last 2.5 games against LA...but based on that (admittedly super-limited sample) I don't get what the hubbub is at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwdm View Post
In the playoffs this year he is only averaging 30 points, 10 assists and 14 rebounds. Brings the ball up court a lot and shoots the 3. Unbelievable touch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnetter View Post
Watch him play more and you'll see. He notches a 40/15/12 game all while looking like he stumbled into the arena off the street on his way to get a gyro sandwich. His passing and overall IQ are phenomenal. He's a truly unique and masterful player.
So, after writing ^^^that first quote several weeks ago, I've now watched every subsequent game Jokic played in, and I definitely get the hype now:

He's so unassuming and atypically un-athletic in appearance that his stats almost sneak up on you...while his Assists numbers never surprised me, I often found myself thinking "Wow, 30+ points? When did that happen?!?!" His touch and court-vision are definitely exceptional, really impressive, but especially impressive because of how nonchalant he makes it all appear. Which seems to go along with his personality.

Question: Is his defense equally subtle/invisible, or is that his Achilles Heel? 'Cuz I definitely don't remember seeing him overtly shutting opponents down the way so many of his teammates did.

In any case, I'm thrilled that the new hero of the NBA is someone so focussed on cooperative teamwork!
Old 06-13-2023, 10:44 AM

Jokic is not a good defender. He can’t jump. He does not block shots and players like Bam can shoot jump shots over him all day long. Players aren’t afraid to drive to the basket either.

Jeff
Old 06-13-2023, 02:53 PM
v a n i l l a

Nikola Jokic: "The job is done, we can go home now"
Old 06-13-2023, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmtong View Post
Nikola Jokic: "The job is done, we can go home now"
His reaction to finding out the parade is on Thursday was classic.