Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-22-2019, 05:16 PM

eBay issue? What would you do?

So I recently bought a partial Sram X0 group on eBay...

Description: "SRAM X0 2 x 10 Speed Mini Group (F Derailleur, L/R Shifters & Cassette). Condition is Used. Shipped with USPS Priority Mail."

However, the cassette has turned out to not be an X0 (xg1080) and instead is a 1070, which is actually a big difference... What would you do? Ask for partial refund? The seller doesn't accept returns.

I would have just let it go but the shifters are missing clamps and there isn't even a cassette locking, so I'm a bit miffed.
Old 08-22-2019, 05:19 PM
aka RAEKWON

there is no not accepting refunds on ebay, if the listing is a mistake they will HAVE to accept the return. I would message the seller and talk to them and see what they want to do but I agree, a partial refund should solve the problem.
Old 08-22-2019, 05:33 PM

if you did not get what was described

then decide what you want and tell the seller. if no go with the seller, then ebay has always gone to bat for me. that means opening up a complaint with ebay. that's why ebay is not craigslist.
Old 08-22-2019, 05:34 PM
Tired Member

Contact the seller first.
Wait a day.
Start the resolution process.

This isn't what you ordered. Either the person can make it right (correct cassette + clamps), or you get a refund.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:48 PM

If it's no refunds... that's if the item is as described... your issue is that it's fraudulent and not as described... like what the last message said if you can't resolve to your satisfaction then you are entitled to a full return due to it being not as advertised.

Hope it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminaught View Post
So I recently bought a partial Sram X0 group on eBay...

Description: "SRAM X0 2 x 10 Speed Mini Group (F Derailleur, L/R Shifters & Cassette). Condition is Used. Shipped with USPS Priority Mail."

However, the cassette has turned out to not be an X0 (xg1080) and instead is a 1070, which is actually a big difference... What would you do? Ask for partial refund? The seller doesn't accept returns.

I would have just let it go but the shifters are missing clamps and there isn't even a cassette locking, so I'm a bit miffed.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:51 PM

Devil's advocate: There are four clear, enlargeable pics that do not show the clamps or the lock ring.

I wouldn't suggest that the seller's description was top shelf, but did you ask he/she any questions to confirm some things before you bid? I'm more apt to clarify things with a message especially with a low count feedback seller.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SRAM-X0-2-x...p2047675.l2557
Old 08-22-2019, 09:23 PM

Do yourself a late summer solid, just don't buy used drivetrain parts on Ebay. Its like finding underwear at a yard sale. Do you really need some whopped up kit from Albania? Chains and cassettes are what they are...go new