Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-24-2022, 07:46 PM
Administrator

I dont really care about bicycle marketing conspiracy theories. I ride bikes for fun and if i see a cool photo on the radavist that inspires me to buy a bike and do fun things with it, i'm cool with that.
Old 01-24-2022, 07:51 PM

unrelated to the posts above, but I did notice today that they have an absolute trove of tubular wheels right now.

conversely, their stock of clincher, rim brake carbon wheels is incredibly small. They have more carbon tubular rim brake wheels than they do clinchers, which seems odd.

Maybe their algorithm is smarter than me or maybe they're getting those tubulars for a song, but seems like they have stocked up on tubulars like the Tubular Revolution 2.0 is coming
Old 01-24-2022, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
I dont really care about bicycle marketing conspiracy theories. I ride bikes for fun and if i see a cool photo on the radavist that inspires me to buy a bike and do fun things with it, i'm cool with that.
You're the moderator of this forum, and this thread has several direct links to TPC, therefore you are part of the marketing conspiracy and everything you post is written with the goal of advancing the conspiracy. Denying that would confirm my suspicions.
Old 01-24-2022, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
That is a very oddly proportioned bicycle up there indeed. I know they helped a lot of people out who needed deep custom, but some real odd ducks came out of the S shop over the years.
Yes agree. Custom-sizing.

That particular Ottrott has been listed on TPC for over 3 mths now...
Old 01-25-2022, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caneye View Post
Yes agree. Custom-sizing.

That particular Ottrott has been listed on TPC for over 3 mths now...
These are the bikes where someone at Serotta should have said "no". That frame almost has crank overlap with the front wheel!
Old 01-25-2022, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaSS View Post
These are the bikes where someone at Serotta should have said "no". That frame almost has crank overlap with the front wheel!
Possibly but no more than any frame with 47 ETT. I think 48 was not uncommon for some XS production bikes. Do note also that the HTA is visibly slack in relation to the STA, though neither are given. Also, some riders are cool with some toe overlap. This had to be a conscious design choice/compromise.

No doubt the bike is very weird though.

Last edited by marciero; 01-25-2022 at 05:55 AM.
Old 01-25-2022, 06:04 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedid View Post
Crazy bike retailers selling and marketing bikes, what on earth is next?
Dogs and cats living together....
Old 01-25-2022, 06:33 AM
50 bpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Dogs and cats living together....
Old 01-25-2022, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krooj View Post
1. Dude posts bike on reddit
2. Said bike's photos were actually from a shoot done for an article on the radavist (linked)
3. Radavist article is a plug for TPC
4. Radavist & TPC are basically one in the same now

The internet is mostly garbage
I typically check out a few sites first thing when I get to work. The Radavist is on that list but ever since it was purchased I've noticed the content is pretty much all ads, or at least way more than before. Right after the Radavist I check out TPC. Then it's coffee time!

Last edited by raygunner; 01-25-2022 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-25-2022, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciero View Post
Possibly but no more than any frame with 47 ETT. I think 48 was not uncommon for some XS production bikes. Do note also that the HTA is visibly slack in relation to the STA, though neither are given. Also, some riders are cool with some toe overlap. This had to be a conscious design choice/compromise.

No doubt the bike is very weird though.
But most frames with a with a 47 ETT are going to have a ~5'0" person on them with correspondingly smaller features (feet).

Someone who needs a 580 seat tube and 190 headtube is likely over 6 ft, probably gonna have some US 12 sized feet, and is gonna be hitting some spokes with that shoe. Just pointing out that the toe overlap gonna be huge and that this bike is a frankenstein with those measurements.
Old 01-25-2022, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raygunner View Post
I typically check out a few sites first thing when I get to work. The Radavist is on that list but ever since it was purchased I've noticed the content is pretty much all ads, or at least way more than before. Right after the Radavist I check out TPC. Then it's coffee time!
First, it sounds like their ad model is working...

Second and more important: while I don't dispute that they're more about the bike now, the recent article / photo collection from the Rapha Prestige Santa Barbara had better "coverage" of that non-race than anywhere else. I mean, it's still probably selling the idea of high-end gravel bikes, but I thought it was a good insight into the ride.
Old 01-25-2022, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaSS View Post
But most frames with a with a 47 ETT are going to have a ~5'0" person on them with correspondingly smaller features (feet).

Someone who needs a 580 seat tube and 190 headtube is likely over 6 ft, probably gonna have some US 12 sized feet, and is gonna be hitting some spokes with that shoe. Just pointing out that the toe overlap gonna be huge and that this bike is a frankenstein with those measurements.
I'm not joking when I say this could've belonged to Conan O'Brien. The bike at TPC looks a similar fit to Conan's. Or someone with similar fit issues anyway.

He had Serotta's and has a very quirky fit due to a historic spine injury. Tiny top tube, HUGE head tube.

Old 07-12-2022, 03:51 PM

Whats up with TPC? I dont bother reading most threads on this topic, but I just ended up there for some reason while surfing during lunch and theyre selling multiple sizes of a few very cool Mosaics as though theyre shilling for them. I dont get it, its like thy are Mosaic vendors? The bikes are new (presumably) and $12k, so these are not bargain bikes by any means.

Seems weird.
Old 07-12-2022, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_douglas View Post
Whats up with TPC? I dont bother reading most threads on this topic, but I just ended up there for some reason while surfing during lunch and theyre selling multiple sizes of a few very cool Mosaics as though theyre shilling for them. I dont get it, its like thy are Mosaic vendors? The bikes are new (presumably) and $12k, so these are not bargain bikes by any means.

Seems weird.
https://theradavist.com/the-pros-clo...-gravel-bikes/
Old 07-12-2022, 04:15 PM

clearly I missed that! Mosaics are gorgeous, but just seems weird. That is enough from me...