Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-13-2019, 12:08 PM
aka RAEKWON

3T superghiaia

Anyone have tried this 3T bar, the 3t superghiaiaiaiaiaiiiiiii

I have to give it to 3T, these are pretty innovative and kinda cool (although a bit ugly). They stay straight up top so they are like road bars and then they flare out into gravel bars.

Right now I got salsas with 12 degree flare, I like them but do wish for no flare up top. However, specially descending I love the flare on the bars so I understand why people like flared bars. I had 16 degree flared bars a while ago and just could not do it, hated the way my hands felt on the turned to the side hoods.

I really want a pair of these new 3Ts, the price is insane though. I messaged them about an alloy version and they told me "if you can find someone who will make them, let us know and we will have them make alloy versions". Apparently not easy to get that bed with alloy.

Last edited by R3awak3n; 02-13-2019 at 04:40 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:13 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIbkUdWfKJI
Old 02-13-2019, 04:40 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babrassiler View Post
Yes, I have watched that. Pretty cool. Well in a moment of weakness, and thanks to backcountry who gave me a crazy good deal on these bars and I could not pass.

Ended up going with the 44 ones which are ridiculous but if I am going to buy these I can't go with the non ridiculous option.

The thing that sucks is I wont be doing the internal routing because there is no way I am redoing all the cabling on my OPEN, that was the biggest PITA.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:51 PM

I wish they made the 40cm bend in a 42 or 44.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
Yes, I have watched that. Pretty cool. Well in a moment of weakness, and thanks to backcountry who gave me a crazy good deal on these bars and I could not pass.

Ended up going with the 44 ones which are ridiculous but if I am going to buy these I can't go with the non ridiculous option.

The thing that sucks is I wont be doing the internal routing because there is no way I am redoing all the cabling on my OPEN, that was the biggest PITA.
Tell us moar about that backcountry deal...
Old 02-14-2019, 06:45 AM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbanero View Post
I wish they made the 40cm bend in a 42 or 44.
so do I... What I would ideally liked would have been a 42 (that is what I normally use and don't mind going to a 44 but do not want to go to a 40) with a bend btw the 40 and the 44. Not sure why the 44 bend is so ridiculous and I may hate it. I know I hate how it looks but I think when I will get in the drops it will be amazing so I am going to give it a try. I figured, if I was going to try them I wanted to get something super different than from my salsa cowbell, the 40s are almost like the cowbells but the hoods stay perfectly straight instead of a tiny bend (the cowbell bend is not terrible actually, I don't hate it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Tell us moar about that backcountry deal...
ahha, I really just did what my grandfather used to do back in the day. Messaged them and was super nice and chatted them up. I have always had good experiences and backcountry and they pulled my account and saw that I have been a decent customer over the years (I don't buy a lot there but have bought stuff over the years). He asked if to send him a picture of the OPEN with the crazy bars and he would give me the deal (%30 off)
Old 02-14-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
so do I... What I would ideally liked would have been a 42 (that is what I normally use and don't mind going to a 44 but do not want to go to a 40) with a bend btw the 40 and the 44. Not sure why the 44 bend is so ridiculous and I may hate it. I know I hate how it looks but I think when I will get in the drops it will be amazing so I am going to give it a try. I figured, if I was going to try them I wanted to get something super different than from my salsa cowbell, the 40s are almost like the cowbells but the hoods stay perfectly straight instead of a tiny bend (the cowbell bend is not terrible actually, I don't hate it)

ahha, I really just did what my grandfather used to do back in the day. Messaged them and was super nice and chatted them up. I have always had good experiences and backcountry and they pulled my account and saw that I have been a decent customer over the years (I don't buy a lot there but have bought stuff over the years). He asked if to send him a picture of the OPEN with the crazy bars and he would give me the deal (%30 off)
I like that - Backcountry are good peeps

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 02-14-2019, 12:12 PM

I like Backcountry's approach...except now there is probably no deal for a pic of the bars on my Open
Old 02-14-2019, 12:55 PM

+1

I've bought all kinds of gear from them over the years. They tend to have good prices on technical clothing and carry a lot of the big sewers.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:37 PM

3T superghiaia

the nice-guy-discount

amazing how often it works.

Those Supergirjdnbdhdije$ bars look swell. I dig the aggressive flare coupled with a flattened wide top, in carbon goodness.

Quote:

Instagram
Old 02-14-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babrassiler View Post
Rides of Japan is a terrific YouTube channel.
The perfect combination of fetish and mechanical education.
Peace!

Instagram
Old 02-14-2019, 05:14 PM

Has anyone considered the enve gravel bar? Or compared it to this crazy name bar? I have the Cowbell now and want something with a flatter top. Don't mind the crazy flare either.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:27 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbanero View Post
I like Backcountry's approach...except now there is probably no deal for a pic of the bars on my Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93KgBike View Post
+1

I've bought all kinds of gear from them over the years. They tend to have good prices on technical clothing and carry a lot of the big sewers.
They have great CS, always very helpful. Last time they did not have something and called me and offered me a discount for not having it. They have been A+ in my book

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky33 View Post
the nice-guy-discount

amazing how often it works.

Those Supergirjdnbdhdije$ bars look swell. I dig the aggressive flare coupled with a flattened wide top, in carbon goodness.
Yeah, I think it is going to make for a SUPER comfy and awesome bar. Also 200g for the 44 is lighter than anything out there, the 40 is an impressive 180g.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky33 View Post
Rides of Japan is a terrific YouTube channel.
The perfect combination of fetish and mechanical education.
Peace!
He is a good dude, I like his channel too. I also appreciate that the quality of his videos is top notch, good editing, good presentation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooly View Post
Has anyone considered the enve gravel bar? Or compared it to this crazy name bar? I have the Cowbell now and want something with a flatter top. Don't mind the crazy flare either.
I looked at them yesterday actually. They seem very similar to the cowbells and what attracted me to the supergaiaaaiiaaaas is that the levers stay straight on the hoods just like a road bike and the enves also turn the shifters a bit
Old 02-14-2019, 05:29 PM

I like the idea of these, I would only want flare while in the drops, and don't like my hoods flared. Looking forward to your report!
Old 02-14-2019, 05:49 PM

Satori (Taiwan) has recently come out with an alu bar a bit like these, but only 8 degree flare. Some different shaping also.

http://www.satoribike.com/pro.php?m=d&pid=154&cid=6&f=2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFEhDBebNW8

Good luck finding them for sale at the moment though