Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-08-2019, 03:23 PM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenz View Post
I love their lights, being super bright, all cars stop for me when they see me. I did have an issue with the mount breaking off too after about a year of use.

I ordered another one and am no longer keeping the mount on handlebars and inserting and removing the light into the mount. Instead, I remove the whole thing from the handlebars every time I need to charge it, so any repeated stress would be on the silicone strap instead of the button tab.

Hopefully that "solves" that issue. I can't find a better performing, better looking, and nicely priced light.
My older LM do not detach from the strap so it took me a few reads to figure out the OPs complaint. I get it now. this is the redesign to enable the light to attach upside down under a camera mount etc.

I would do the above (begrudgingly) as well. It;'s easier on the connection but defeats the point of the design.
Old 02-08-2019, 05:15 PM

Three lights, three problems out of the box. Not worth the hassle. Won't be purchasing Light and Motion ever again.
Old 02-08-2019, 05:19 PM

can relate to alot of your experiences with L&M products over the years. Esp whn i used to work in the industry. Dont have/use their stuff any more, stuck with niterider and cygolite. . . never had good experiences with the urban models especially ... too bad.
Old 02-08-2019, 05:22 PM

This is too bad. I have only had good experiences with L&M, and in fact would choose them above anything else. But I haven't tried any of their latest stuff. My Urban 300 is still going strong, after having a new battery installed a few months ago.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:17 PM

I've been using the Seca headlights over the past 15 years or so. First the 400, then 800, then 1000, 1500, 1800, now 2200 and never had an issue. The enduro batteries seem to last forever.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:35 PM

Been through two 180 vis taillights. Loved them when they worked, but had charging issues with both. First one they replaced no questions asked under warranty. The warranty replacement lasted about a year until it stopped charging. The thing is, I loved the light when it worked.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:40 PM
Vendor

I'll share my bad experience as well:

Had (have) a Solite 250 which I got primarily for climbing/mountaineer but also as a bike light.
First light mounting clip broke after a week
Warranty replacement left me stuck in the dark on a climb with a stuck/failed on/off button
Warranty replacement round 2 last a couple months before the wire jacket started peeling and exposing the wires inside.

In climbing and cycling I consider lights a potentially critical safety tool. I will never trust Light & Motion with that again
Old 02-08-2019, 10:47 PM

Yes. My 800 died after 3 years and approximately 12 uses. Same thing with my Taz 1500. Then I suckered myself into their offering of 30% off and bought an urban 900 and a Taz 1200. They work fine but they're only a few months old. Maybe I just have a bad attitude about L&M but they seem to have taken the step down in the quality Department.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2019, 12:11 AM

K-edge makes an adapter for the Niterider Lumina/Lumina Micro series to mount them onto a Go-Pro mount. I believe the Micro series weigh about the same as the Urban, while the regular Lumina is a bit heavier.

Bontrager Ion's also have an adapter for the Go-Pro mount, but the cleanest Go-Pro adapter for a helmet mount only comes with their Rally MIPS helmet. The adapter found on their online store is more suited for a stem mount.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromen View Post
Yes. My 800 died after 3 years and approximately 12 uses. Same thing with my Taz 1500. Then I suckered myself into their offering of 30% off and bought an urban 900 and a Taz 1200. They work fine but they're only a few months old. Maybe I just have a bad attitude about L&M but they seem to have taken the step down in the quality Department.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Sounds like a winning attitude to me!