Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-28-2019, 05:11 AM
ZhugeLiang

Quote:
Originally Posted by laupsi View Post
The solution to beating the masses is to ride as many or as few bikes as you like, but build a mental platform of what a good ride entails and ignore the marketing. my guess is that you'll find it's more about the process and your own personal experience and less about the material.
These words need to be carved into stone tablets and placed at the door or the garage of every cyclist worth his or her salt so that they can be reminded every time they leave or come back from a ride.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:25 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisan View Post
Like they say, curiosity kills the cat.

Just as I expected, you are already in the "my ride is sublime" category so all you are doing is introducing some variety into your riding.

It's up to you, really. Nobody can tell you what to do next.

Just know that it takes a bit of luck and sometimes even a couple of tries before you find the right one. The "I have never heard anything bad or anyone unhappy with their Moots" or substitute moots with any brand names for that matter is truly bull. There's no guarantee. Might be easier to re-sell but that's about it.

The ball is in your court.
You really have a problem with Moots, I see..2 posts and "bull$****e" in 2 days.

Somebody pass this on to -pal, since he blocks me..never mind...

For the OP..ti rides a lot like other materials, just a little different, but they all do the same thing. Subjective for sure. Yes, there have been some who are not happy with their Moots, but that percentage is small..compared to other ti frames, like merlin, particularly the ones made by AGC..not the Merlin of old.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:53 AM

To paraphrase Duke Ellington, there are only two kinds of bicycles, good bicycles and bad bicycles.

I had a CT-1 for a time--albeit not full titanium--and it was plush and rode like a Colnago--which is to say Italian. I loved it.

I ride my resuscitated Look 585, and aside from feeling a little less road buzz, I'm mostly unaware that it is carbon--it's a good bike to my taste. If I ride it back to back with the CSi--also a good bike--I can feel the difference, but I would be hard pressed to say what I'm responding to.

Material is less important than maker, personal taste plays a huge role and I do think some bikes embody something ineffable, even though I don't believe that any builder has cornered the market on fairy dust...

What I haven't ridden is a full-on alu race bike from peak of their use in the peloton (pre-carbon era)--I saw incredible bargains for a while when the herd went carbon and I may have to scratch that itch one day.

Last edited by paredown; 01-28-2019 at 06:58 AM.