Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-29-2017, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
This is the vest you want. I has slits so to reach your jersey's pockets which work quite well.
Swear by their bibs, only brand I wear in warm weather. Sold my Assos after trying these but still wear Assos jerseys. Concerned about the breathable back panel not being mesh. Must admit I’m wearing a cheap vest that is more a windbreaker front and back than a wicking vest. Big fan of Q36.5 but wondering if this vest is worth twice the price of Catella but also know I just want to buy once, being cheap can get expensive.
Old 10-29-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by booglebug View Post
Swear by their bibs, only brand I wear in warm weather. Sold my Assos after trying these but still wear Assos jerseys. Concerned about the breathable back panel not being mesh. Must admit I’m wearing a cheap vest that is more a windbreaker front and back than a wicking vest. Big fan of Q36.5 but wondering if this vest is worth twice the price of Catella but also know I just want to buy once, being cheap can get expensive.
Don't be. It breathes great. Easily the widest temp range of any vest I've used.
Old 10-29-2017, 06:04 PM

Quote:
IMHO it's even better than their bibs. It is incredibly compact, breathes very well, etc, etc, etc. it's my favorite piece of cycling clothing along with the assoswinter hat as a close second. It might not be twice as nice as th castelli but it is the best I have ever owned.

Last edited by joosttx; 10-29-2017 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-29-2017, 09:00 PM

Thanks, Q36.5 on order. May also get the Catella , seems I’m in a vest 6 months in these part. Will give feedback when I have a few rides with both. Thanks for the input on this from everyone
Old 10-29-2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Thanks, Q36.5 on order. May also get the Catella , seems I’m in a vest 6 months in these part. Will give feedback when I have a few rides with both. Thanks for the input on this from everyone
I think you will be very happy.
Old 10-29-2017, 09:27 PM

Op

It's not worth twice the price. Trust. I'm 100% convinced my two Bay Area pals don't ride at the intensity as the Catella riders (Pro and Cat1 elite). Also, they ride in a climate where in many cases, a thermal vest works better. Finally, they just like to rep Above Category, Q36.5's exclusive North American distributor. I think they get a lot of validation from being able to spend top dollar (and more power to them for being highly educated top earners). Don't believe the hype.

From Q36.5's copy:

VEST L1 ESSENTIAL

Q36.5's proprietary UFHybridShell is a thermal, ribbed fleece material which is woven on its outer side.

Full disclosure: half my kits are Q36.5. I wouldn't waste my money on their vest. And to prove the point, their main marketing guy in the US recently listed his Vest L1 in the classifieds.

ya boi in Q36.5

ya boi in Catella

Appropriated urban vernacular is so weird.

Last edited by beeatnik; 10-30-2017 at 08:38 PM.
Old 10-29-2017, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeatnik View Post
It's not worth twice the price. Trust. I'm 100% convinced my two Bay Area pals don't ride at the intensity as the Catella riders (Pro and Cat1 elite). Also, they live in the Bay Area where in many cases, a thermal vest works better. Finally, they just like to rep Above Category. I think they get a lot of validation from being able to spend top dollar (and more power to them for being highly educated top earners). Don't believe the hype.

Full disclosure: half my kits are Q36.5. I wouldn't waste my money on their vest. And to prove the point, their main marketing guy in the US recently listed one of their vests in the classifieds.
Thanks. Have been very satisfied with their bibs and a friend has raved about the jerseys. Placed an order for jersey, baselayer and vest with 30 day return policy. Signed up with Catella for a discount coupon and will wait a couple days for a coupon. Think will still purchase coupon or not and compare. Hope I like both vests. Much thanks.
Old 10-29-2017, 10:19 PM

Quote:
It's not worth twice the price. Trust. I'm 100% convinced my two Bay Area pals don't ride at the intensity as the Catella riders (Pro and Cat1 elite). Also, they ride in a climate where in many cases, a thermal vest works better. Finally, they just like to rep Above Category, Q36.5's exclusive North American distributor. I think they get a lot of validation from being able to spend top dollar (and more power to them for being highly educated top earners). Don't believe the hype.

From Q36.5's copy:

VEST L1 ESSENTIAL

Q36.5's proprietary UFHybridShell is a thermal, ribbed fleece material which is woven on its outer side.

Full disclosure: half my kits are Q36.5. I wouldn't waste my money on their vest. And to prove the point, their main marketing guy in the US recently listed his Vest L1 in the classifieds.

ya boi in Q36.5

ya boi in Catella

A little below the belt, son. Its about an opinion about a vest.
Old 10-29-2017, 10:37 PM

Quote:

From Q36.5's copy:

VEST L1 ESSENTIAL

ya boi in Q36.5

ya boi in Catella

Man, if you talk about your pals like this, I'd hate to see what you say about your enemies.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:14 PM

Love my Bay Area homies!

Go Doyers!