Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-24-2017, 12:50 PM

FUnny these guys just called me for a job a last week. They are gearing up to grow big time in 2018.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:25 PM
aka RAEKWON

and they will grow if they bring more products to the market and make those products easier to adquire.

I paid $14 for the burger at bare burger. Expensive, maybe but its NYC and their other burgers are around that price so it wasnt crazy.

As far as health, who knows how healthy it is. I certainly wouldn't eat it a lot just like you don't eat burgers alot. Keep it as a special thing and its probably not that bad. But people should try it, having one aint gonna killyou
Old 09-24-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
FUnny these guys just called me for a job a last week. They are gearing up to grow big time in 2018.
Take the job. A lot of excitement in the field and they are the market leader.
Old 09-24-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojingoh View Post
Take the job. A lot of excitement in the field and they are the market leader.
FDA is very interested in them too which is a joke, IMHO. Regardless, I am enjoying my beta lifestyle.

Last edited by joosttx; 09-24-2017 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:10 PM

I have a bunch of venison burger in my freezer and within the next couple of hours I'm gonna fire up the grill and cook a couple of rib eye steaks so chances of me eating fake meat are slim and none and slim just left town.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:55 PM

Wish I could get stuff like this in Canada, along with the Beyond Burger and whatnot. We have a company based out of Vancouver I believe called Gardein that does a decent job with chicken sticks, pork bites, etc. USA is a lot more cutting edge than up here when it comes to vegan/veg mock meats. Some of the vegan BBQ dishes I had from a couple Portland trucks were tasty as heck.

I used to be a chef and ate every meat known to man. I still crave it. Nonetheless my mind frame has changed and so much research into the state of things killed eating meat for me for good. Based on ethical and environmental aspects, I will never go back unless God himself swoops down and makes everything Right.

KJ
Old 09-24-2017, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankwurst View Post
I have a bunch of venison burger in my freezer and within the next couple of hours I'm gonna fire up the grill and cook a couple of rib eye steaks so chances of me eating fake meat are slim and none and slim just left town.
You just made my mouth water.

One doesn't have to be the other! I like burgers of all kinds. Don't like eating out all that much thanks to working in too many restaurants in my youth.

Can one purchase these impossible burgers for home consumption?
Old 09-24-2017, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyrider View Post
You just made my mouth water.

One doesn't have to be the other! I like burgers of all kinds. Don't like eating out all that much thanks to working in too many restaurants in my youth.

Can one purchase these impossible burgers for home consumption?
If you are referring to venison burger, not that I know of. Seems to me like it involves enduring freezing temperatures for long periods of time and dealing with a dead animal if things go your way but the end result for me is worth the effort. I like venison. If I didn't I damn sure wouldn't go through what I need to to get it.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankwurst View Post
If you are referring to venison burger, not that I know of. Seems to me like it involves enduring freezing temperatures for long periods of time and dealing with a dead animal if things go your way but the end result for me is worth the effort. I like venison. If I didn't I damn sure wouldn't go through what I need to to get it.
Oh I was talking about the impossible burgers. I've been on my fair share of hunts! Should've made a separate post. Hope those rib eyes were tasty.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyrider View Post
Oh I was talking about the impossible burgers. I've been on my fair share of hunts! Should've made a separate post. Hope those rib eyes were tasty.
Haven't eaten them yet. Going on the grill in about 15 minutes with some fresh corn on the cob.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:43 PM
Administrator

Sodium content is not as bad as I was expecting.

William
Old 09-24-2017, 08:54 PM

Had one at Umami Burger in SF a few months back. Have to say it was VERY good, but then I learned about the GMO soy.

Umami also uses a bit of sardine oil on the grill pan to give it more texture.

I'm all for finding a beef substitute.. Hopefully one of these days. Not sure if this is it though.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duende View Post
Had one at Umami Burger in SF a few months back. Have to say it was VERY good, but then I learned about the GMO soy.

Umami also uses a bit of sardine oil on the grill pan to give it more texture.

I'm all for finding a beef substitute.. Hopefully one of these days. Not sure if this is it though.
Soylent green. Makes a great burger.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:22 AM

I'm really interested in trying these even though I'm nowhere near being a vegetarian.

$15-20 for a veggie burger is kind of insane though.

I would say I'd hope I can buy these to try cooking at home, but this thing is basically a gluten burger. My wife and son both have celiac so our grill is kept gluten free. (And there is almost zero reason to ever have wheat in anything that goes on the grill so it's no hardship for me at all.)

I could grill this on foil but that kind of ruins everything, even meat, so that makes it a skip I guess.

I thought the Beyond one or something was made from peas so maybe we'll be able to try that.

On top of the Soy Leghemoglobin if this thing is essentially processed gluten they're getting into all kinds of other weird territory since doctor's, etc.. don't really understand yet what is going on with both celiac + all the people who test negative to celiac but swear they are sensitive to gluten. And now we've got someone who is basically selling a highly processed "burger" with the main ingredient being an allergen.

edit: Yah, the "Beyond Burger" is gluten free. Seems like a safer bet.

Funny cause I love seitan too, and that's basically pure gluten too. But I don't have any issues with gluten.

Last edited by benb; 09-25-2017 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:27 AM

The Beyond Burger is REALLY good. No soy or gluten and no GMOs if those are concerning to anyone.

20g protein in each. You can pick up a 2 pack at Whole Foods for $5.99. Not the cheapest thing around but by far the best burger I've had since I stopped eating meat.