Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-12-2017, 05:36 PM

Bkool trainer experience

Has anyone used, and liked the bkool smart trainer? One popped up on the local CL for $250... seems a decent price. It's the earlier frame that is apparently narrower, but has updated firmware so is supposed to be compatible w/ zwift, etc.

Edit.

I've read(skimmed) the Dcrainmaker review and it seems like it only works with a subscription for their service, which if the service is decent at decreasing boredom on a trainer, gives a few options for ride profiles/etc, and isn't high $ would be OK.

Last edited by cmbicycles; 03-26-2018 at 06:06 PM.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:41 AM

Bump... anyone use one?
Old 11-13-2017, 11:02 AM

I've used one for two years and like it a lot. I also like the training app a lot although lots of people complain about it. Don't worry about lack of variety in the app - there are literally 1,000's of rides. The app has a few glitches but nothing that is a deal breaker. For me, the biggest downside is that it's very Euro-centric which makes it hard to find other riders when I like to ride (late afternoon EST).

Assuming it's fully functional, $150 is a seriously good price. The only thing that I would check is the model. Some of the early models are Ant+ only (no Bluetooth) and won't connect to any app but the Bkool. That may or may not be a big deal. It wasn't for me but...