Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-17-2021, 01:09 PM
You still here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine View Post
thread derailment.... but do we know yet who has tdf streaming this year? no more nbc gold correct? will i be forced to peacock...?
Here's the latest.

Where to watch Tour de France 2021 Live on TV
Lincoln | March 28, 2021 | Cycling, Watch | 1 Comment

Tour de France is multiple stage bicycle race for men that takes place every year. The competition started it’s journey during the very beginning of the 20th century, back in 1903. Since then 107 editions have taken place so far. Being recognized as the most prestigious bicycle race competition, it is also the most difficult one as well. The competition features 21 day-long stages and is 23 days lengthy. It is generally held in France but occasionally passes through nearby countries. Here we will reveal where to and how to watch and stream Tour de France live in United States and Canada.
Which Channels to Broadcast Tour de France 2021 Live on TV in United States?

Tour De France Live on US TVNBCSN the popular sport network of US owns the broadcasting right of the most prestigious bicycle race within America. The channel broadcasts races from all of the stages live. It also presents daily Tour de France Pre-Race shows as well. The coverage begins early in the morning here in US generally at 7 am in the morning. In some of the days, it may begin at 6 am, 6:30 am and 8 am ET. The 21st which is also the final stage coverage is set to start on 9 am (all the times are based on Eastern Standard Time).

NBC usually shows a weekly one hour recap with some of the stages live as well. Apart from these, a few portion of the actions are also available through CNBC.
Tour de France Broadcasting TV Channels in America:
Broadcasting TV Channel Extent of Coverage
NBCSN Live Racing of Most of the Stages (If not all), Daily Pre-Race Shows
NBC Weekly One Hour Recap, Occasionally Live Racing on Select Days ad Stages
CNBC A Portion of the Coverage, Occasionally Live Racing on Select Days and Stages
How Can I Enjoy Tour de France Live Through Online Streaming In USA?

Viewers in America can enjoy Tour de France races live through various online streaming platforms.
NBC Sports Gold (Cycling Pass):

The Cycling Pass of the NBC Sports Gold is a perfect platform for not only Tour de France but also other bicycle races throughout the season. The platform streams all the Tour de France stages from start to finish and is also commercial free as well. It offers live streaming coverage of as many as 18 cycling events. Thus it ensures the subscribers don’t miss any single stage or any single event or any cycling action throughout the campaign. NBC Sports Gold Cycling Pass costs 54.99 US Dollar and guarantees you all these cycling races.
Peacock Premium:

American cycling lovers can also enjoy Tour de France races through the Peacock Premium the digital streaming platform. The ones who have Comcast subscription can enjoy the service for free. However, if ones doesn’t have Comcast subscription, he will have to pay 4.99 US Dollar per month. Apart from these, the Peacock Premium Plus which is without most ads (although not completely ad free) makes the users pay 9.99 US Dollar per month. The annual version of the two mentioned packages costs 49.99 USD and 99.99 USD for
Old 05-17-2021, 02:12 PM

I am so confused. I log in to NBC Sports Gold and don't see anything on the schedule besides the Dauphine. ( I can't even see a date for when my current subscription expires.)

Last edited by Hindmost; 05-17-2021 at 03:01 PM.
Old 05-17-2021, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJohnny View Post
For the first time since I subscribed, had issues today with Giro. Two instances where got the spinning circle. This in Fire TV. The worst is that the app would lockup and I had to restart the unit.(pull plug and restart)

Other thing I’ve noticed is that image quality is better on iOS compared to android.

This is normal it’s one of the things I noticed first. When I watched video on my daughter’s fire tv. When she moved back into the house.
Old 05-17-2021, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindmost View Post
I am so confused. I log in to NBC Sports Gold and don't see anything on the schedule besides the Dauphine. ( I can't even see a date for when my current subscription expires.)
I still have NBC Gold. The last few times I've watched it, it said that I should use NBC Sports, or something like that. Gold is apparently going the way of the dodo, and its coverage of cycling and other sports folded into NBC sports. On my TV, it's a different app.

So NBC still has the coverage, they've just moved it from one app to another.