Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds (Cycling Products)

Old 09-23-2020, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in SLO View Post
Can’t recall what your issue was with Battaglin. Was it a quality issue?
Poor communication after they got my money. Frame came delivered with the rear end far enough out of alignment that the disc brakes won't work. No response from them after I tried to raise the issue. Sitting in my garage in the hopes I can fix it myself, but otherwise a total trainwreck of an experience.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototoast View Post
Poor communication after they got my money. Frame came delivered with the rear end far enough out of alignment that the disc brakes won't work. No response from them after I tried to raise the issue. Sitting in my garage in the hopes I can fix it myself, but otherwise a total trainwreck of an experience.
Although my experience wasn’t that bad, communication was very poor. I’m still very happy with my bike though.
Old 09-23-2020, 12:46 PM

Pretty sure that Battaglin belongs to a friend - he gets good deals on parts and has a lot of bikes, so often passes along a good deal...
Old 09-23-2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livesadventure View Post
Pretty sure that Battaglin belongs to a friend - he gets good deals on parts and has a lot of bikes, so often passes along a good deal...
I'm having a hard time keeping up with all your non-Paceline buddies that have frames for sale. First it was the Firefly Cross bike. Then the Cielo Sportif. Now the Battaglin Power Plus. Is this all the same guy? Same size as me, roughly. Good guy to know, apparently.
Old 09-23-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
I'm having a hard time keeping up with all your non-Paceline buddies that have frames for sale. First it was the Firefly Cross bike. Then the Cielo Sportif. Now the Battaglin Power Plus. Is this all the same guy? Same size as me, roughly. Good guy to know, apparently.
All different people, yet the Firefly owner I don't know - it was just hanging at my local bike shop for many months
Old 09-23-2020, 03:45 PM
cnighbor2

Shimano Dura Ace C24 Clincher Wheelset NIB - $700

Shimano Dura Ace C24 Clincher Wheelset NIB - $700

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/bop...190747373.html

Shimano Dura Ace C24 Clincher Wheelset for sale. **New in unopened box!**

Wheels include F/R Dura Ace skewers and Wheelbags.

PN: WH-R9100-C24-CL-FR

Cash only please. All sales are final.

Thanks for looking.
Old 09-23-2020, 03:58 PM
cnighbor2

The new Vitus Vitesse Road Bike Dura-Ace + Mavic Carbon Wheels 58cm - $2,800

Vitus Vitesse Road Bike Dura-Ace + Mavic Carbon Wheels 58cm - $2,800
**If the ad is still up then the bicycle is still available for sale.**

**Pictures are of actual bicycle for sale. It was shot in my photography studio.**

This is one super rare machine. A 2012 Vitus Sean Kelly Signature Edition carbon road bike with Mavic Carbone SLR wheels and a full Shimano Dura-Ace drivetrain. This is 16.3lbs of comfort and speed. Vitus is best known for being on the forefront of bicycle frame design and construction having first mastered aluminum and then, later, carbon. Beginning in the 1930's and later, with a history of Grand Tour wins under their belt the Vitus name is a long and celebrated one. The most famous of the Vitus riders was Sean Kelly. Sean is now a play-by-play voice on Eurosports coverage of the Tour De France but back in the 80's Sean dominated cycing in a gritty, explosive fashion. So much so that when VItus decided to build a no holds barred machine they knew they were going to call it the Sean Kelly Signature Edition.

A strictly limited run bike, this special edition is based on the Vitus Vitesse and features a distinctive black and green livery – paying tribute to his having taken the sprinters title (green jersey) in four Tours de France. The Sean Kelly Signature Edition adds a full complement of top-of-the-range Dura-Ace components with finishing kit from 3T and Mavic to provide a complete race ready package. The Shimano 10-speed Dura-Ace 7900 groupset included shifters, deraillerus, crankset and brakes. The crankset is 175mm in length and has 53/39t chainrings. Bars, stem and seatpost is 3T carbon.

Carbon 700c clincher Mavic Cosmic Carbone SLR's weigh just 1595 grams and feature a 52cm carbon rim profile as well as flat, bladed carbon spokes that run from one side of the wheel to the other making for a very stiff and strong wheel. Mavic Exalith braking surface is a textured braking surface that is a process that penetrates into the alloy rim’s surface hardening it making it all but impervious to thousands of miles of braking. These wheels are very popular with racers because of Mavic's durability and ease of maintenance.

The bikes conditiion is perfect. I can find no marks or other cosmetic blemishes and the bikes mileage is very low as its one and only owner simply did not ride it. There is little to no signs of the bike having been used. No wear to the chainrings, Fizik saddle or bar wrapings. Tires are in excellent condition as are the wheels which are true and show no wear. It is remarkable to find a bike of this level in this unridden condition.

The bike is a 58cm with a 57 cm top tube. The bikes stand over height is 31.25" inches and it's reach measures 28.25" inches as measured from the center of the seat post to the center point of the stems handlebar clamp. This bike will best fit male riders in the 5' 11" - 6' 2" range.
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/...197066021.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vitus cf 1.jpg (87.0 KB, 360 views)
Old 09-23-2020, 04:25 PM
cnighbor2

Large Schwinn paramount 1986-88 with full dura ace group

Schwinn paramount 1986-88 with full dura ace group
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/b...193258023.html

1986 to 1988 Schwinn paramount Waterford vintage road bike with some Brand New parts that have no wear like a brand new San Remo seat and a brand new Mavic cxp wheelset with brand new Ultegra hubs and continental tires of that era with lots of life too, Columbus tubing and a full dura ace groupset with the usual 3ttt stem and bars and components as if you would've bought at that time. Asking $950 email if any questions
Old 09-23-2020, 04:31 PM
cnighbor2

57cm Vintage Ciocc 1984 Designer Series Steel Road Bike 57cm Campagnolo - $1,700

Vintage Ciocc 1984 Designer Series Steel Road Bike 57cm Campagnolo - $1,700
Vintage 1984 Ciocc Designer Series steel frame road bike made with Columbus SLX tubing. It measures 57cm center to top and has a 56cm top tube. Made in Italy and super nice frame and Campagnolo Super Record 6 speed original build. The bike has few miles on it and components in excellent shape. Would be a great bike to ride or hang on the wall. The bike has full Campy Super Record, including headset, seatpost, hubs, brakes, cranks, shifters, derailleurs, cassette, chain. Cinelli bar, Turbo saddle, Continental Grand Prix tires, Mavic Open 4 CD rims

$1700 text or call Six 0 two, three 2 1, eight 5 five 4
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/b...197199480.html
Old 09-23-2020, 04:36 PM
cnighbor2

56cm Waterford Precision Cycles RS-12 steel road bike - $1,650

https://tucson.craigslist.org/bik/d/...179240585.html

Waterford Precision Cycles RS-12 steel road bike - $1,650
For sale is a like-new red Waterford RS-12 steel bicycle (made in USA)
Frame/fork: Reynolds 753 butted steel
Rack/fender eyelets
2 water bottle mounts
Pump peg
Condition: like new (~750 miles); kept inside house, not garage/shed; one owner
Size: Medium (56 cm c-c)
Wheels: Mavic Open Pro SUP 700c clinchers (presta) with 32 spokes front/rear and Campagnolo Chorus hubs/skewers. 130mm rear spacing.
Components: Campagnolo Chorus 9-speed triple cranks, derailleurs, brake/shifter levers, brakes, headset, BB Thomson Elite aluminum seatpost
Crank arm length: 175mm
Chainrings: 52/42/30
Cassette: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 21, 24, 28
Tires: Continental Grand Prix 3000 700x23
Attached Images
File Type: jpg waterford_55cm_1001a.jpg (110.4 KB, 348 views)
Old 09-23-2020, 05:54 PM

cnighbor1, the Waterford is gorgeous! I would call it candy apple red. Looks like 25mm tires will fit, but no larger. Plenty of room at the fork legs and stays, but not much room at the fork crown and brake bridge. I'd like to see it up close and personal.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:47 PM

Decently priced complete steel Serotta

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ws...201703189.html

Good deal on a complete Cinelli Supercorsa Pista

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/la...197596900.html
Old 09-23-2020, 09:06 PM

A cool one for the Serotta historians...does the story check out?

"NOS" // Built and displayed so it does have some shop wear, minor scratches and a few small paint chips (mostly around the fork crown and dropouts) // The King headset has a "dry/stiff feel" and there are tool marks from installation and adjustment // A bit of history: This frame was built and painted by Serotta when Serotta and Chris Chance were in negotiations to be purchased by a third party. Eventually, Serotta came up with his own funding and Chance could not. A number of frames were left over and Serotta sold them and painted this one with a PPG paint job dubbed Big Boy Blue to Pacific Blue fade. It also recieved an additional coat of clear coat - steel fork painted to match. Additionaly, American made True Temper tubing is no longer available so this is your chance to own a piece of hand-built history in cherry condition.

https://shop.protestedgear.com/?l=1&...action=product
Old 09-23-2020, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
A cool one for the Serotta historians...does the story check out?

"NOS" // Built and displayed so it does have some shop wear, minor scratches and a few small paint chips (mostly around the fork crown and dropouts) // The King headset has a "dry/stiff feel" and there are tool marks from installation and adjustment // A bit of history: This frame was built and painted by Serotta when Serotta and Chris Chance were in negotiations to be purchased by a third party. Eventually, Serotta came up with his own funding and Chance could not. A number of frames were left over and Serotta sold them and painted this one with a PPG paint job dubbed Big Boy Blue to Pacific Blue fade. It also recieved an additional coat of clear coat - steel fork painted to match. Additionaly, American made True Temper tubing is no longer available so this is your chance to own a piece of hand-built history in cherry condition.

https://shop.protestedgear.com/?l=1&...action=product

The colors line up and the story lines up as well.

Very cool bike with an interesting back story!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2020, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuddyJ View Post
Decently priced complete steel Serotta

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ws...201703189.html

Good deal on a complete Cinelli Supercorsa Pista

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/la...197596900.html

That serotta is a good deal. The Cinelli looks larger than a 57