Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Builder Spotlights

Old 03-30-2018, 06:07 PM
Vendor

Recent Work

Thank you for the kind words. I'm sorry that i'm just now seeing this. I'm not as regular as I used to be and need to pay more attention. I hope everyone is doing well. Thanks again!
Old 03-30-2018, 06:20 PM
Vendor

Recent Paint Work

Road frame recently finished. Allows a 30c tire under a standard reach brake caliper. Simplicity, low maintenance, more riding, all-rounder. More pics on the MEECH Custom Bicycles blog.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (149.3 KB, 158 views)
Old 03-30-2018, 06:26 PM
Vendor

30c All-rounder

Here are a couple more pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (41.9 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg 013.jpg (68.0 KB, 161 views)
File Type: jpg 011.jpg (107.3 KB, 160 views)
Old 03-30-2018, 06:47 PM
Vendor

MEECH Custom

Road Racer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (150.5 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg 007.jpg (134.9 KB, 157 views)
Old 03-31-2018, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meech151 View Post
Road frame recently finished. Allows a 30c tire under a standard reach brake caliper. Simplicity, low maintenance, more riding, all-rounder. More pics on the MEECH Custom Bicycles blog.
That's dope! Great thing about bikes our size - more canvas for the artistry..

You selling that one, or riding it?
Old 03-31-2018, 08:07 AM
Vendor

Meech

Hey Clean 39T

I appreciate it. Yeah, I had plenty of room to play on this thing. It's a 57.5 effective which is about my favorite size but I'm hoping to sell it. I'm still riding that carbon frame from a few posts back that has some Eddie Van Halen Frankenstrat licks on it but here lately I have been itching to get on a steel cyclocross bike. I stuck this one on Ebay to try to get some business. For whatever reason, since I've moved back to my hometown of Jonesboro things have slowed a bit. I think that between moving, building a house, and having a kid, I kind of got out of the loop for a while and just trying to get back in. I'm as passionate as ever and I've been using the time to build and paint things that I always wanted to but didn't have the time so it's all working out. I'm really enjoying the painting side of things these days and just having some fun and hoping people like it. The blue and orange one I just sent to Florida. I got some really nice feedback and that serves as inspiration. Fixing to start on a half-steel/half-carbon build. So hopefully can post some photos of the build as soon as I get into it a bit. I'm gonna try not to be such a stranger around here. It's always good to hear from you guys! It always makes me wanna go hang out with you all but for now I guess we'll hang here in The Paceline.

Last edited by meech151; 03-31-2018 at 06:14 PM.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meech151 View Post
Hey Clean 39T

I appreciate it. Yeah, I had plenty of room to play on this thing. It's a 57.5 effective which is about my favorite size but I'm hoping to sell it. I'm still riding that carbon frame from a few posts back that has some Eddie Van Halen Frankenstrat licks on it but here lately I have been itching to get on a steel cyclocross bike. I stuck this one on Ebay to try to get some business. For whatever reason, since I've moved back to my hometown of Jonesboro things have slowed a bit. I think that between moving, building a house, and having a kid, I kind of got out of the loop for a while and just trying to get back in. I'm as passionate as ever and I've been using the time to build and paint things that I always wanted to but didn't have the time so it's all working out. I'm really enjoying the painting side of things these days and just having some fun and hoping people like it. The blue and orange one I just sent to Florida. I got some really nice feedback and that serves as inspiration. Fixing to start on a half-steel/half-carbon build. So hopefully can post some photos of the build as soon as I get into it a bit. I'm gonna try not to be such a stranger around here. It's always good to hear from you guys! It always makes me wanna go hang out with you all but for now I guess we'll hang here in The Paceline.
Do you have a build sheet for the bigger one? Curious how the proportions came together...

Also, that fork is awesome. Are you building and selling those separately? Seems there are a lot of folks who could use a bit more clearance up front that could benefit from a nice steel setup like that.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:41 PM
Vendor

MEECH Build

The specs in short are 73 degree head and seat tube angles respectively, 70mm bottom bracket drop, and I think chain stays are roughly 412-415mm. I'd have to put a stick on them to be sure. Think the head tube is 180mm and top tube has a slight slope. Whenever I build a frame for myself it's always 57.5. That's the smallest and most comfortable frame I can get away with. I've passed a lot of miles and races on that size and it works for me. I use 73 degrees on the majority of my frames because it's just a good middle of the road geometry and I've gotten good feedback from my customers. Clearly they vary from time to time depending on the intended use, size of frame needed, or specific requests by customers.

I build forks for people on a fairly regular basis, both painted and unpainted. Just let me know what you like or need and I'll make it happen. Built a handful of stems on occasion as well.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Beautiful work as usual Dimitri!

Very cool to see the evolution of your skills and how you apply them.

William
Old 04-02-2018, 05:54 PM
Vendor

Thanks William! I'm glad you guys gave me the opportunity to share my stuff.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:17 AM

Really nice stuff as always Dimitri, I really love that paint. And may be emailing you about a fork for my commuter/all rounder this summer... I built a frame with a rear thru-axle in a class but right now it has a stock Soma fork with a QR front and it bugs me
Old 04-03-2018, 06:19 PM
Vendor

Thanks Sandy! It's cool you built yourself a frame. Super-satisfying feeling I'm sure. If I can help you out in any way I would love to. Also, would love to see some pics of your build. Shout anytime!