Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Builder Spotlights

Old 08-24-2012, 10:50 AM
Administrator

A quick note about the Builders Spotlight

The Builders Spotlight is an evolving aspect of the forum. It came about as an off-shoot of compiling the Custom Frame Builders list thread that is located in the Custom area. In the process I was discovering many builders that I had not been exposed to and was amazed by the depth of fine workmanship out there. I started the Spotlights as a way to highlight the builders who craft the human powered machines we love so much. A way to touch on those we know as well as those we may not have heard of. Initially I was just pulling the info and pictures from the web to share, but I felt like we really needed the voice behind the work to really get a sense of the builders and their craft. Starting this week, Drew Guldalian of Engin Cycles will start off the first of hopefully many Spotlights with Builder participation. His work is top notch and more than drool worthy! Please check it out, ask questions, and make him feel at home.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=114677

Thanks everyone for making this such a fine place to hang out and talk about what we love.
William

Last edited by William; 08-24-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:08 PM

This is great I'm excited!
Old 08-24-2012, 12:12 PM
Classics Fan

Location: Between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge
Tip of the hat, William. We appreciate the time and effort!
Old 08-24-2012, 12:20 PM

Yes it is a pleasure to be part of this and I appreciate all the effort. Sometimes it is too easy to keep your head down and forget there are people out there. This helps keep things fresh and you get to hear what people like and dislike. Both of which are important.

Thanks,
Drew
Old 08-24-2012, 01:00 PM

Good job William. While I am riding high on carbon these days, the craftsmanship and unique thinking with steel that we are seeing these days is inspiring. Great workmanship. I hope we will have some new carbon builders show up on the horizon, but they are sort of in the minority now. Its also good that we will be hearing their voice during their time under the spotlight.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnhood View Post
Good job William. While I am riding high on carbon these days, the craftsmanship and unique thinking with steel that we are seeing these days is inspiring. Great workmanship. I hope we will have some new carbon builders show up on the horizon, but they are sort of in the minority now. Its also good that we will be hearing their voice during their time under the spotlight.

I'm an equal opportunity Spotlighter.

William
Old 09-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Alright folks, New Spotlight is up showing off some fine eye candy from Meech Custom Bicycles. Dimitri is a member so please check it out and ask many questions.

In the future I've got other builders in the cue that cross material lines, build philosophies, and artistic aesthetics so stay tuned.

William

PS: The Spotlight area is for builders to show and discuss their approach, style, techniques, finished work and business models. This is not the area for negative responses (on the off chance anyone has a gripe) and if any turn up they will be removed. If you feel you have a valid reason to post something negative, the GD are is the place to start. Thankfully to this point there has been no need to exercise the delete button....thank you!

Last edited by William; 04-16-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:26 AM

Wow, where have I been?

Big William, this is GREAT!!!!

Thanks.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:36 AM

I am new

I am new to Paceline, and really eager to post stuff...but...I can't post new threads yet. . Total bummer. Anyway check out this builder who is up and coming, in NH.
http://www.guipagocycles.com/new-page-1/
Old 02-01-2018, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Fyi...

Btw, for you folks who are here as guests, you won't be able to see some of the older spotlight's unless you log in. Apparently part of the VBulletin software set up if a thread hasn't been active for a while.

William