Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-20-2018, 05:07 AM
ZhugeLiang

Egan Bernal.

Remember this name.
Old 07-20-2018, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwdm View Post
There are only three more sprinters stages - Friday, one day next week and Paris. My guess is a number of the sprinters were glad to leave instead of having to finish so many climbing stages this year.

Jeff
Everything you need to know about GT bike racing can be inferred from Greipel's nickname, The Gorilla, bestowed upon him owing to his "enormous" size. He's 6' 1/2" and 18O lbs. Same as me. Back when I was a high school football/basketball/tennis player, I can't seem to recall anyone gazing with awe upon my massive frame and nicknaming me Gargantua or any such.

Last edited by Cloozoe; 07-20-2018 at 04:47 PM.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climb01742 View Post
Wish NBCSN would hire at least one non-fanboy. Hearing Phil say, ‘I can’t understand why they’re booing Froome’ is crap. Phil can say he doesn’t like it but come on, don’t insult viewers. Sky is doing what even Postal didn’t, having two guys fighting it out for yellow. If a team is doing what the dirtiest team ever couldn’t do, seems like that might merit, oh, a comment or two. At least note that the folks booing_might_have an argument.
Well, they did criticize UCI's handling of the situation, in particular the latest leak and flip-flop in the lead up to the Tour. But I think they are in a difficult spot. Officially, Froome has been cleared by the UCI. To call into question the integrity of the governing body or otherwise address ongoing suspicions would be to question the legitimacy of the race, their commentary on it, the whole show. And these suspicions would be based on what-their superior performance? My guess is that most people would concede that at the very least Sky is gaming/exploiting the TUE rules for optimal advantage. But again that would be messy to discuss.

Last edited by marciero; 07-20-2018 at 06:21 AM.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:07 AM

Don't know if this has already been discussed but when did they start incorporating "pusher" at the end of Alp d'Huez? Is it on any other mountain finish?

Looked like guys in black t-shirts jumping from behind the barriers to give the rider a final push after crossing the finish line.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:27 AM

Never been a total conspiracy fellow via doping but honestly, yesterday's stage was the biggest joke I have seen in watching cycling for the last thirty years...sky cannot be serious at this point...this is turning into the tour de smurfs...
Old 07-20-2018, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climb01742 View Post
Wish NBCSN would hire at least one non-fanboy. Hearing Phil say, ‘I can’t understand why they’re booing Froome’ is crap. Phil can say he doesn’t like it but come on, don’t insult viewers. Sky is doing what even Postal didn’t, having two guys fighting it out for yellow. If a team is doing what the dirtiest team ever couldn’t do, seems like that might merit, oh, a comment or two. At least note that the folks booing_might_have an argument.
Phil has been whoring for doping for decades...at one point he went on the air and said he said he totally believed folks were being paid off to lie about armstrong doping...all the while flying on armstong's private plane...Phil thought there was a serious conspiracy to hurt lance and lie...even governments might be involved ...in any other serious sport Phil would have been off the air jack quick as a serious commentator...but noone really gives a **** so that is the point...just enjoy the show and don't get hung up on morals as morals are out the ****ing window of course...

Last edited by cash05458; 07-20-2018 at 07:41 AM.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce K View Post
Craddock finished 42nd today.

Looks like he is recovering...

BK
Animal!!!