Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-29-2024, 11:47 AM
Post Mod-ern

Strada Bianche, how to watch?

Any suggestions on how to watch this weekend without major VPN or other $$$ investment?
A thing of beauty is a joy forever--Keats
Old 02-29-2024, 11:56 AM

Tiz cycling live steam should work, haven`t used it in a while though.
Old 02-29-2024, 11:57 AM

I *think* it will be shown on Max here in the US. I just checked the app and it looks like it'll be shown there.
Old 02-29-2024, 12:02 PM

I use NordVPN which is like $100 for two years, and I use that to watch a free Dutch or Belgian livestream.
Old 02-29-2024, 12:07 PM

I’m planning to watch it on Flo w Surfshark VPN connecting to Canada. This setup worked wonderfully last weekend for the two Belgium spring classic openers. I’m based in the US.
Old 02-29-2024, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb5286 View Post
I *think* it will be shown on Max here in the US. I just checked the app and it looks like it'll be shown there.
It will but I think the free trial everyone got for the sports package expires today (the 29th) so it will be $9.99 for the month if we want to watch it on Max, more if you're not already a Max subscriber.
Old 02-29-2024, 01:02 PM

Max has extended the trial, date unknown. Given the merger, might be a while.
I used Tiz for Omloop. Its great if you are in a situation to reload every 15 min or so.
VPN to sporza be works if you spoof Belg. But commentary is Belgian.
Old 02-29-2024, 01:21 PM

Max B/R Sports, 8AM EST this Saturday. Already planning my coffee and breakfast around this

Greg
Old 02-29-2024, 01:37 PM

I thought I had just read somewhere that it was on Flobikes in the US. Is that not true? Perhaps I inadvertently found info from last year...
Old 02-29-2024, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytyree View Post
It will but I think the free trial everyone got for the sports package expires today (the 29th) so it will be $9.99 for the month if we want to watch it on Max, more if you're not already a Max subscriber.
Max has extended the period that Max subscribers will receive the B/R Sports add-on for free, and haven't stated when they will actually start charging for it. So watching Strada Bianche on Max without paying an additional fee is good bet.
Old 02-29-2024, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onno View Post
I thought I had just read somewhere that it was on Flobikes in the US. Is that not true? Perhaps I inadvertently found info from last year...
Flo's schedule lists races they will broadcast - but they usually don't say which will only be available in Canada (I suspect they do this on purpose). I'm in the US, and I have had luck using a VPN to watching races on Flo that are geo-restricted to Canada.
Old 02-29-2024, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark McM View Post
Max has extended the period that Max subscribers will receive the B/R Sports add-on for free, and haven't stated when they will actually start charging for it. So watching Strada Bianche on Max without paying an additional fee is good bet.

That would be sweet, thanks for the heads up. I had just checked on the Max site this week but will watch if it's available. If we could make it through MSR for free...

I have Max but I haven't seen anything else on that sports package that would prompt me to pay for the extra sports package.
Old 02-29-2024, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark McM View Post
Flo's schedule lists races they will broadcast - but they usually don't say which will only be available in Canada (I suspect they do this on purpose). I'm in the US, and I have had luck using a VPN to watching races on Flo that are geo-restricted to Canada.
I've found Flo's schedule misleading as well. You have to drill down to individual race listings to determine their availability in your area. For Strade Bianche, you can see it's not available in the US.

Greg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Flo_Strade_Bianche.JPG (22.0 KB, 340 views)
Old 02-29-2024, 04:05 PM

For those with a VPN or similar, our Australian free-to-air channel "SBS" broadcasts Strada Bianchi live (along with the grand tours and other big races).

That'll mean you get coverage in English as opposed to some of the Euro options mentioned earlier.

They have an on-demand streaming service via their website which could be accessed easily through your VPN.
Old 02-29-2024, 05:04 PM
Adrenaline Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbb View Post
For those with a VPN or similar, our Australian free-to-air channel "SBS" broadcasts Strada Bianchi live (along with the grand tours and other big races).

That'll mean you get coverage in English as opposed to some of the Euro options mentioned earlier.

They have an on-demand streaming service via their website which could be accessed easily through your VPN.
Thanks for posting this.