Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-27-2021, 10:44 AM

BTLOS Shipping Question

Got a question for those of you that have ordered from BTLOS before. Looking at likely pickup up a set of WGX40s for my Salsa Warbird, where else can i get a nice set of carbon discs with DT Hubs at under 1400g for that price.

Anyways, wondering about shipping. I'd likely either go with the Matson or EMS shipping options here (the cheaper options as I'm in zero rush), I'm wondering how its actually delivered to my house though, what company? Does USPS end up delivering? Is it handed off to someone else like DHL or FedEx/UPS for actual delivery?

I'm asking as with items like this, i like to route to my nearest shipping center for me to pick up (ie. i send to FedEx office for FedEx, or UPS Store for UPS), so that its not sitting outside my house all day while we're not around.

Anyone have any details on that part of the experience? Everything else I've read sounds like these build up to really nice and inexpensive wheels. Just looking for some mid depth wheels more for road riding on my gravel bike as i've got a nice set of pure gravel wheels already, this will allow me to swap easily from my 44 Compass to some 28s, just a quick wheel swap.

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-27-2021, 11:16 AM
shimergo

In my experience, USPS delivered it when I selected the EMS option.

On another forum, buyers have reported UPS delivering their wheels with the Matson option.

Check out this thread for some recent (positive) experiences with BTLOS wheelsets: https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=261944
Old 01-27-2021, 12:12 PM

Prompted by this thread I checked tracking on my wheelset. I received an email at 6p on 1/18 that they shipped EMS, tracking provided. I just checked and they were delivered at 10:46a today (1/27) and signed for by "C VID". My wife is home and confirmed the package is on the porch but she didn't sign for it and didn't see the actual carrier that delivered it.
Old 01-27-2021, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelJLloyd View Post
Prompted by this thread I checked tracking on my wheelset. I received an email at 6p on 1/18 that they shipped EMS, tracking provided. I just checked and they were delivered at 10:46a today (1/27) and signed for by "C VID". My wife is home and confirmed the package is on the porch but she didn't sign for it and didn't see the actual carrier that delivered it.
A number of carriers that would have normally required an actual human signature aren't doing that to minimize exposure to their drivers- I recently received a computer that I found on my (enclosed) front porch when I took the trash can to the sidewalk for the next morning's pickup.
Old 01-27-2021, 01:09 PM

Photos please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelJLloyd View Post
Old 01-27-2021, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHAero View Post
Photos please!
Untitled by ColonelJLloyd, on Flickr

Untitled by ColonelJLloyd, on Flickr

Last edited by ColonelJLloyd; 01-27-2021 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-27-2021, 01:27 PM

I was notified on 1/18 my wheels were shipped. There is no update other than on the 20th they were on their way to the carrier.
Old 01-28-2021, 03:42 PM

Got the email from BTLOS January 2nd, shipped over water Matteson (sp) delivered by UPS today.......XMAS in January!