Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-25-2022, 11:35 PM

@litcrazy Good intel. Thanks for reporting back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by litcrazy View Post
Hello,
So I started with the Tektro V brakes levers (RL520) and the road BB7. It did allow a bit more modulation but the absolute power felt inadequate.

I then switched to TRP road levers and the absolute power felt much improved and the pad spacing didn't feel enough worse to justify the loss of power.

It's a brief experiment, but I definitely would vote for road levers with road BB7 brakes.

As a reference point, I was running 27.5/54mm Gravelking SKs (so lots of surface contact).

I'm still ambivalent about the set-up. Whereas I'm fine with BB7s on my mountain bike, I may be tempted to try the Juin Tech R1 for this gravel bike with road levers. Still thinking.
Old 07-27-2022, 07:59 AM

v brake levers with road bb7s might chuck you off the bike but if that's what you like it can be fun!
Old 07-27-2022, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veer96 View Post
v brake levers with road bb7s might chuck you off the bike but if that's what you like it can be fun!
I think you've got it the wrong way around - V brake levers with road calipers will produce a low leverage, and will produce much less braking force for a given hand force. It is is road levers with V-brake calipers that will produce excess brake force for a given hand force.

Tags
bb7, gravel, road disk