Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-09-2017, 07:33 AM

It's a little unclear what temperature range you are looking to accommodate, but I really like my Gore Phantom -- as a bonus the sleeves zip off if it gets really warm. I'd say it is very comfortable down into the mid 20s with wool baselayer, and up to 60 or so with something lighter. If you unzip the front a bit, you get a pretty substantial venting out the back. Like another poster, I also use for XC skiing -- there at least a bit of rain/wet resistance. I have the first version, but I see there is a version 2.0 on sale at CC right now https://www.competitivecyclist.com/g...saAmEGEALw_wcB
Old 12-11-2017, 03:18 PM

Rapha Pro Team Insulated Jacket

https://www.rapha.cc/us/en_US/shop/p...roduct/PIS01XX

I've been wearing this for the past few weeks and it is the perfect winter jacket.

Windproof (front of chest and arms)...polartec alpha insulation (front of chest and arms)...highly breathable...rear pockets...extremely light.

Been wearing it with only a long sleeve mesh base 40-45F. A merino base should carry me well into the 30s comfortably.

well worth the $$$.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:33 AM
Old, Fat & Slow

Castelli makes a few weights of the jerket you're looking for: Alpha Jacket, Alpha Jersey (the one I own), and another jerket with windproof on the front, but not the sleeves that I wear in the 40s (f)

Sportful is a sister company of Castelli, so its likely they have something similar in their line.

I believe the Assos Habu line has a jacket like what you're looking for as well.

If you're not really 'brand conscious' Bontrager makes a few versions of windproof front/fabric back jackets.

HTH

M