Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Rides, Events, Gatherings and Charity events

Old 02-10-2019, 07:52 PM

MOney chaging hand? I have to agree with that... ours when to your side of the table for sure!

We trashed a box with old FD And RDs... we got back with like 30% we took so thats a good thing. But we noticed too that was weird, I couldnt find like a lot of groups like years before when wherever you look u find groups...

Campagnolo stuff honestly I think Polyglot had the largest stash there, but even with modern campagnolo cranksets pfff... way way over there compared with what we see here in the forums.

But was fun as always, now to start cleaning the loot which in my case was like 4 things.

That klein is sweet!
Old 02-10-2019, 08:34 PM

Westminster MD swap meet

Thanks! The blue/black/purple fade is awesome. Funny story with it— as I was parking, the guy in the spot next to me was actually unloading it from his truck. It’s usually not my style, but I couldn’t look away from that paint job. He was asking a fair price so I agreed. It didn’t even make it into the show! What luck.

I’m thinking of dressing it in 10s Veloce, zondas, and all silver components. Call me a blasphemer, but I think it may look cool.

I didn’t even think to check this thread since last week, got so caught up in the action. Good to hear you all made out with stuff too.

Last edited by vincenz; 02-10-2019 at 08:46 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:32 PM

Looks like a some sweet scores. Regretting not going already!
Old 02-11-2019, 02:00 AM

If you have the dough I would put potenza in that klein.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:36 AM

Westminster MD swap meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post
If you have the dough I would put potenza in that klein.

Really I’m just moving all the parts from an entry level Masi I got for cheap as a winter and rain bike. I think the Potenza crank doesn’t work on most frames, but on something like this, it probably would! If I ever get my hands on a groupset, I would try it.

Last edited by vincenz; 02-11-2019 at 07:38 AM.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenz View Post
Thanks! as I was parking, the guy in the spot next to me was actually unloading it from his truck. It’s usually not my style, but I couldn’t look away from that paint job. He was asking a fair price so I agreed. It didn’t even make it into the show! What luck.
That's how the best deals get made.

I did pretty well and had a great time, even though I had almost no sleep (apparently, drinking and staying up late the night before/morning of is a bad idea). I made some bucks (if you bought from me, thanks, and you're welcome for the great prices bc I basically gifted some of that stuff lol) lessened my pile of crap.

I even bought a bike I'd been searching for for more than a decade (it was a 58 but I really want a 55-56) ... and sold it less than an hour later

I went N+1, then ultimately ended N-3 so it was a good trip. Now, to get to N=6 (or so) ...
Old 02-11-2019, 07:44 PM

PJ de rosa is super nice... same than his lemond... and was a good thing those were in my max frame size So if anybody is looking for a bilato lemond in mint condition PJ has a good one and with a really rare color, I loved that bike... derosa an lemond still with you?

A barely sleep either, finish preparations like at 3 am... up at 5, the good thing is that i do not drink so that helped but at my age the body feels it anyways

PJ's friend hook me up with a seatpost... that reminds me, forgot to get the email of your friend to have him in my list of part sources, clearly he knows his stuff from the little i talked to him, hope I was not being too annoying to him
Old 02-11-2019, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post
PJ de rosa is super nice... same than his lemond... and was a good thing those were in my max frame size So if anybody is looking for a bilato lemond in mint condition PJ has a good one and with a really rare color, I loved that bike... derosa an lemond still with you?

PJ's friend hook me up with a seatpost... that reminds me, forgot to get the email of your friend to have him in my list of part sources, clearly he knows his stuff from the little i talked to him, hope I was not being too annoying to him
Thanks man, good to meet you. Eric is one of those dudes who knows a TON more than me - I sent you his email addy. And yeah, I still the DeRosa, Merlin and Lemond.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:28 PM

What size is the lemond
Old 02-11-2019, 11:42 PM

56 x 56 c-c.