Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-17-2024, 10:00 AM

I knew this was coming and was excited because it checked a lot of boxes for me. Then when it launched with “endurance geometry” I was worried, the stigma of how some older roubaix and synapses rode stuck in my mind.

I got to spin one around town yesterday and and after even a few minutes it’s obviously a road bike that takes bigger tires, feels very similar to the melee. I think I’ll get one soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2024, 01:39 PM

I got to see a Fray this morning. I went for a fitting and there was one on the floor that was like 90% built, it had no cranks on it for some reason.

I wasn't there to look at bikes so didn't ask anything about it, whether it was a customer's order or was just on the floor, etc..

It's a really good looking bike and the green color is very nice.
Old 04-24-2024, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benb View Post
I got to see a Fray this morning. I went for a fitting and there was one on the floor that was like 90% built, it had no cranks on it for some reason.
That's not unusual - when building up a bike with external cable routing, the crank is often one of the first components installed, but with internal cable routing, the crank is often one of the last components installed. The hoses and wires go through the BB shell, and can only be accessed internally when the crank and BB removed. So the cranks and BB are usually not installed until after the fork/handlebars/stem, the derailleurs, and the wheels/brakes are installed, to make sure the hose and wire lengths are correct.
Old 04-24-2024, 01:57 PM

Yah it is what it is, maybe it hadn't even been decided what crank to put on it what with all the various PMs and such.

Didn't really matter, I got to see it, it's a good looking bike.