Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-16-2022, 12:22 PM
Randomhead

the two level design just separates the fore-aft motion from the rocking motion. I don't think you have to worry about resonance. I have never experienced it with mine. I imagine it's too low of a frequency to be a problem. Would be interesting to increase the spring rate until it resonated at a frequency that's easier to hit.
Old 01-16-2022, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickdoc View Post
I’m just here to say I hate trainers.
I agree. I'd sooner have the mumps than ride the trainer. I have some fitness goals and can't always ride outside, so sometimes it's a necessary evil.
Old 01-16-2022, 02:28 PM
what's a little rust?

I’m just here to say if you hate trainers, but need to ride indoors: rollers. You probably won’t move from hate to love but you’ll move past loathing, and with a good fan and something interesting to watch you’ll do just fine.
Old 01-16-2022, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
I’m just here to say if you hate trainers, but need to ride indoors: rollers. You probably won’t move from hate to love but you’ll move past loathing, and with a good fan and something interesting to watch you’ll do just fine.
Got em with a belt driven fan, and a magnetic static bontrager trainer. Still hate em, and I can’t imagine how a little motion would make it any better. I save them for an inch of ice or snow on the ground days, but would rather row. Rowing with vr helps, or a movie, but still sucks.
Old 01-16-2022, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickdoc View Post
Got em with a belt driven fan, and a magnetic static bontrager trainer. Still hate em, and I can’t imagine how a little motion would make it any better. I save them for an inch of ice or snow on the ground days, but would rather row. Rowing with vr helps, or a movie, but still sucks.
well I hate trainers.. there is hate for trainers + soreness . The little motion helps with the latter, doesn't make it more fun but I guess the hate is slightly less.