Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-25-2020, 04:55 AM
ZhugeLiang

My kids introduced me to it, not my fault.

I just play only to spend some "quality" time with them, not really into it but my 7-year-old....oh my goodness, she LOVE Dominion! I think it has something to do with her personality, you know, complete domination, "Resistance is futile; you will be assimilated."....
Old 12-25-2020, 06:29 AM

I can’t believe this thread started in January with the OP suggesting we play Pandemic.........
Old 12-25-2020, 07:04 AM
Peter Pan Oath adherent

Thanks birddog from bringing up cribbage.

We like it plus it is pretty portable when traveling for those times when you just need to chill for an evening.

BK

Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter.
Old 12-25-2020, 08:12 AM
Proud Grandpa

Play this with 7 and 9yo grand daughters and wife..GREAT fun. We change the rules a little bit, otherwise it lasts forEVER...tough to keep 7 and 9yo entertained that long. .
Quote:
I can’t believe this thread started in January with the OP suggesting we play Pandemic.........
I thought we were already playing 'Pandemic'..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 61YWHBG8X4L._AC_SX466_.jpg (29.1 KB, 126 views)
Old 12-25-2020, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckroast View Post
My wife and I play a lot of Backgammon (on a tablet, although I think we have an actual game around here somewhere).
We too are fans of Backgammon, however I can't imagine not playing on a solid board; the sound of the cast dice, the feel of the stones, the intimidating stare of the doubling cube.

I'm on my second Crisloid board, having inadvertently leaving my forty-year-old original game in a cabin at Cooks Forest, PA. ATMO, Crisloids are the Campy of backgammon sets.
Old 12-25-2020, 08:57 AM

Azul

My son introduced me to Azul this summer on vacation. Very colorful, pretty easy to learn, and went well with a late afternoon beer. https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/230802/azul
Old 12-25-2020, 11:46 AM

Blokus is a great simple board game for those who strategy.
Old 12-25-2020, 01:20 PM

Are winning or losing? Have we gotten to the boss level yet??? Or can we just use the cheats, please? Ready for a new game... Or maybe we're/I'm really in Sim City and are just locked in my house...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Play this with 7 and 9yo grand daughters and wife..GREAT fun. We change the rules a little bit, otherwise it lasts forEVER...tough to keep 7 and 9yo entertained that long. .

I thought we were already playing 'Pandemic'..
Old 01-16-2022, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zennmotion View Post
One of my New Years resolutions, as an introverted snob is to spend more time socializing, especially with people I don't work with and don't ride with. I was recently introduced to Pandemic, a cooperative game where you try (and often fail) to save the world from an infectious disease--fun!
https://eldfall-chronicles.com/

I used to enjoy Monopoly and Risk, among others, but so often the end game with these became apparent early in student housing Ljubljana and it was sometimes just a slow losing death for the 'losing' players.

So- board games for adults that make you think, interact where you can have a good time with diverse, smart people? Whatchoo got Paceline party animals?
Great game I will have to restock my closet with catans. Fellow sisters are keep eating those dark pices. I cant tell them those are not chockolade.
Old 01-17-2022, 06:30 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by zennmotion View Post
One of my New Years resolutions, as an introverted snob is to spend more time socializing, especially with people I don't work with and don't ride with. I was recently introduced to Pandemic, a cooperative game where you try (and often fail) to save the world from an infectious disease--fun!
https://www.zmangames.com/en/games/pandemic/

I used to enjoy Monopoly and Risk, among others, but so often the end game with these became apparent early in play and it was sometimes just a slow losing death for the 'losing' players.

So- board games for adults that make you think, interact where you can have a good time with diverse, smart people? Whatchoo got Paceline party animals?
Play chess with my 10yo grand daughter…I’m a chess hack but really enjoy this with her.

Ahhh, zombie thread..

Last edited by oldpotatoe; 01-17-2022 at 06:32 AM.
Old 01-17-2022, 07:12 AM

Lots of games in our household. Catan and its expansions are in regular play. Santa brought 7 Wonders this year, as well as Spartacus (much better than the movie). Nobody will play Pandemic here these days, but we enjoy Forbidden Island, Sequence, Quiddler, and the Exploding Kittens games (you've got crabs, etc).
Old 01-17-2022, 07:22 AM

I can get lost in games of chess all night.
Old 01-17-2022, 07:28 AM
Pack fill

The only board type game we play regularly is Qwirkle. But we do get together with a few other couples for card nights. Canasta, pinochle, bridge, hand and foot, and blitz are all played, house choice. Card night usually starts around 4 with a warm up game and catching up with everybody. Then a meal, a few games, desert around 7:30, mores games till about 10. Going on 9 years now. We have been able to help and support each other through lots of life's situations as we mature. The games are really secondary.
Old 01-17-2022, 09:32 AM

Check out the reviews on "Flamme Rouge." Yes, a bike racing board game that really is strategic and fun too.
Old 01-17-2022, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Throw Throw Burrito is a pretty awesome game!